Included Excursions

rosepark

This is very interesting. I just checked the excursions and Silver Shore are offered only in Split, Kotor, Hvar and Santorini. The remaining 6 ports do not have Silver Shore excursions offered. That is less than half the ports do. Surprising to say the least but it also sounds like Rosepark and I have different offerings for the same cruise! I also noticed that some of the Silver Shore excursions offered are not necessarily something the masses would want to do such as kayaking or off-road in Hvar.

Rosepark, the town tour and concert in Hvar does not appear to be a Silver Shore excursion according to my website.

Are Silver Shore the only included excursions for those who booked with inclusions?

This is very interesting. I just checked the excursions and Silver Shore are offered only in Split, Kotor, Hvar and Santorini. The remaining 6 ports do not have Silver Shore excursions offered. That is less than half the ports do. Surprising to say the least but it also sounds like Rosepark and I have different offerings for the same cruise! I also noticed that some of the Silver Shore excursions offered are not necessarily something the masses would want to do such as kayaking or off-road in Hvar.

Rosepark, the town tour and concert in Hvar does not appear to be a Silver Shore excursion according to my website.

Are Silver Shore the only included excursions for those who booked with inclusions?

GG, I feel as though I have slipped into a parallel universe.

Here is what I have taken today from MY My SS page

"Hvar Town & A'Capella Concert (HVR-B)

Available

Duration : 02:00 hours - Estimate departure : 9:15 AM

Experience the sights and sounds of Hvar during this scenic orientation tour and concert. Your memorable Silver Shore Collection excursion features a guided stroll through Hvar Town. See the Fortress, Piazza, Arsenal, and Renaissance and St. Stephen cathedrals, then proceed for a tour and concert at the Franciscan Monastery.

$0.00

Details"

If this is not showing on your My SilverSea page, then there must be different included excursions offered for those in US.

I can book included excursions for all the ports. I will send you links on the roll call thread and I don't really think I should clog up this thread with them. BTW, we do not stop at Split, so far as I a aware, or does your itinerary show this? I don't use smilies as a rule but this really calls for a :confused:

Rp

Re doolally - this is probably not entirely accurate - I am sure someone will correct my mistakes - but it originates from the British Army in India, who when in a place called, I think, Deolali, tended to go a bit crazy with the heat etc.

I think it is only used in the UK, and now only by slightly older people.

Re doolally - this is probably not entirely accurate - I am sure someone will correct my mistakes - but it originates from the British Army in India, who when in a place called, I think, Deolali, tended to go a bit crazy with the heat etc.

I think it is only used in the UK, and now only by slightly older people.

That's me, slightly older than my teeth but the same age as my tongue.

Rp

My heart sinks the more I read this ..... and I feel so sorry for people finding this out and I remind in order to try to be genuinely helpful.

The excusrsions are not free. They are pre-paid ie included.

If you are in UK or Oz or EU write to SSand explain that you expect them to offer a no extra charge excursion in all ports in the orignal pages to you and expect to be offered a choice, or a refund of a "comparable excursion" either by any reasonable mode and to be compensated for "vexation and dissapointment" and inconvenience if you have to organise your own.

They have charged you for excursions by reasonable implication in all ports. Not some ports, not some lucky customers. All customers, all ports except where they said originally when you booked that none would be available.

Unless you fight your corner you get what is dished out at whim rather than paid for.

Jeff

Rosepark, now I see the problem. When scanning through the excursion options for each port I was looking only for tours with the caption "Silver Shore". These captions are not included within every tour title but within the body of the descriptions is where Silver Shore will be mentioned. So at first glance it is difficult to discern which tours are included. So after a recheck I see that on this particular cruise only Ravenna and Olympia have no indication of any Silver Shore excursions. Probably just an oversight and there must be at least one tour per island that is included.

So we are not living in parallel universes after all!

Rosepark, now I see the problem. When scanning through the excursion options for each port I was looking only for tours with the caption "Silver Shore". These captions are not included within every tour title but within the body of the descriptions is where Silver Shore will be mentioned. So at first glance it is difficult to discern which tours are included. So after a recheck I see that on this particular cruise only Ravenna and Olympia have no indication of any Silver Shore excursions. Probably just an oversight and there must be at least one tour per island that is included.

So we are not living in parallel universes after all!

Thanks Gourmet Gal. I have replied to you on the roll call so as not to take up too much room here.

Rp

Included excursions are a joke on Regent and will be on Silversea as well. They are basic, uninteresting and you are paying for them whether you take them or not. They same people who fall for the two for one fares will fall for "free" excursions.

All is now clear on the included excursions and there is no great conspiracy going on at SS and no need to resort to law. Gourmet Gal and I have sorted things out between us and all shall be well.

As you were

Rp