Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Compass - Week of May 29, 2015

Ship: Grandeur of the Seas

Sail Date: May 29, 2015

Itinerary: 7 Night Bahamas Cruise

Each day's Cruise Compass can be accessed by clicking on the appropriate day below.

Day 1 - Departing Baltimore, MD

Day 2 - At Sea

Day 3 - Port Canaveral, FL

Day 4 - Nassau, Bahamas

Day 5 - CocoCay, Bahamas

Day 6 - At Sea

Day 7 - At Sea

I hope this helps someone else as Cruise Critic certainly helped me a great deal in getting ready for this cruise!

I could not open any of these. Did it work for any one else? Very interested in seeing these!

You might try a different browser. I could open the docs fine with Firefox, but not with an old version of Internet Explorer.

You're most welcome! CruiseCritic was an invaluable source of information in getting ready for my first cruise, so it's only fair that I contribute something back in return.

I had learned so much that all of my friends were calling me "Julie the Cruise Director". :cool: Even those who had sailed several times did not know some of the stuff I knew from here. :D

• 2 months later...

Some of the safes on Grandeur work with a numeric code that you select and some still require the use of a card with a magnetic strip. You do not need and should not use your credit card or seapass. Bring along an odd card from home and use that. Think library card, membership card, players card, store card. As long as you use the same card to open and close the safe you will be fine.;)

I'm leaving in a few weeks on the GOS for the Canada?New England cruise. I have never been on the GOS, any recommendations, tips or spots I should n't miss?

Park Cafe for a quiet and peaceful breakfast.

I see that the dress code indicates no shorts. Did you see people wearing shorts--for example, nice khaki shorts with a golf shirt? Thank you in advance.

When I was on GoS, shorts were OK during breakfast and lunch in the MDR. They enforced the no shorts/sleeveless shirts in MDR in the evenings for our cruise.

Some of the safes on Grandeur work with a numeric code that you select and some still require the use of a card with a magnetic strip. You do not need and should not use your credit card or seapass. Bring along an odd card from home and use that. Think library card, membership card, players card, store card. As long as you use the same card to open and close the safe you will be fine.;)

I actually used my Starbucks rewards card! :)