Chef's Table for Horizon Court Buffet Idea?

smellycruzer

I have enjoyed on many occasions dining at the Chef's table and catching up with the fabulous executive chefs, but I honestly would like to become more engaged in the buffet back of the house process. Does anyone know if Princess has offered Chef's Table experiences for Horizon Court buffet?

The purpose of the chief's table is so that the chief's can have a chance to show off there talents that you won't see anywhere on the ship. It's also a meal not to be missed.

My suggestion is to take the Ultimate Ship Tour where they go to many locations on the ship, a lot of places, many only accessible only to the crew, including the galley. At each station we were allowed to ask as many questions as we wanted with the person in charge of that section. This ship tour is what I would recommend if you want more information.

They usually have a free galley tour but not a lot of time to ask questions as you're rushed along through the galley.

Tom:)

Buffet is designed to get people stuffed, and hopefully keep them out of MDR. Food is mass prepared and time is not spent for plating, like it's done in MDR. Having Chef's Table in buffet kind of defeats the purpose. It's like going to Paris, but instead of getting private tour of the Louvre, you will be taken on an exclusive tour of a random office tower.

Chef's Table is a unique experience. Food is given amazing amount of detail and effort. Wine pairing is specifically selected (unless you are on NCL Chef's Table, wine is "selected just for you" and every other guest in MDR). The idea that Chef's Table is trying to present is intimate upscale dining for foodies. A complete opposite of Horizon Court.

Disclaimer: Not trying to take a dump on HC. Food there is great, plenty, and staff works just as hard. It's just not the setting for CT.

Edit: Forgot to add. About 2 years ago, I was on Carnival Dream. Dumpy ship, dumpy cruise, but Chef's Table was out of this world. Additional bonus: It was all in the galley. And between meals, while staff assisted chef, we had awesome entertainment from ship's theater staff. If you are interested to see more kitchen operation, and ever wander on to Carnival ship *shudder* then Chef's Table will be right up your alley. We even had a hand in making dessert for ourselves.

Edited by Meanee