question about adding passenger to room after final payment

I have a cabin booked on Brillance in September 2015, final payment is due soon. My problem is the cruise was booked for 2 my husband and myself, he passed away rather suddenly in February, I am planning on still taking cruise but possible cabinmate will not know know until about 1 month out if she can get time from work. Can I take his name off reservation and leave as a single room ( pay supplement) and then add someones name and if so how long before sailing.

Thanks for help

I have a cabin booked on Brillance in September 2015, final payment is due soon. My problem is the cruise was booked for 2 my husband and myself, he passed away rather suddenly in February, I am planning on still taking cruise but possible cabinmate will not know know until about 1 month out if she can get time from work. Can I take his name off reservation and leave as a single room ( pay supplement) and then add someones name and if so how long before sailing.

Thanks for help

I would not take your husband's name off the booking until you are 100% sure that no one can come with you. Royal will let you change a name on the booking up until 24 hours before the cruise. If you take your husband's name off and try to add someone later, the person you add will have to pay current price, which might be much more than it was originally.

Edited by clarea