Fantasy On Board Internet

Gwyndylan

My daughter had no problem with it. Just be sure to turn off ALL apps that might eat data on whatever device you are using. She used both her computer and iphone. Got disconnected maybe twice in 7 days. It worked fine in cabin as well as in public areas.

I had no issues either. I was only in my cabin and I was just sending email. I did not watch any videos or anything. I used my laptop and tablet.

Check on the first day for a free 50MB of internet. It will say it in your navigator, you just need to register by midnight. :)

When we sailed last year, the internet was reasonably reliable for non-intensive uses such as email.

Depending what time of day I tried to log onto Citrix so I could access my server at the office, it was very hit and miss. Middle of the day and middle of the night worked best for me to get work done.

It was reliable last August but as some have noted, it is measured in mb so if you have things running or trying to update in the background it can be an issue. If you are going to San Juan your plan phone plan or jetpack may be included there although I was getting slow speeds with Verizon.

My husband, unfortunately, has to work a few hours a day while we are on vacation, so he just needs to be able to connect & maintain an Internet connection to a client, so sounds hopeful! We will check out the freebie & pay for what we have to use. Thanks everyone!

My husband, unfortunately, has to work a few hours a day while we are on vacation, so he just needs to be able to connect & maintain an Internet connection to a client, so sounds hopeful! We will check out the freebie & pay for what we have to use. Thanks everyone!

Each time you log on, the screen will show how much you have remaining. Start with the freebie to gauge the amount he is using, then decide which package will best fit your needs.

Note that if he has to use a VPN, there will probably be latency issues. VPNs require a steadier connection than some other business options.

My daughter had no problem with it. Just be sure to turn off ALL apps that might eat data on whatever device you are using. She used both her computer and iphone. Got disconnected maybe twice in 7 days. It worked fine in cabin as well as in public areas.

Any idea how much data she averaged using each day during that time? It will give me a good idea of how much we may need. I'm afraid we're both techno geeks to a degree.

She spent a lot of time on line. She mostly did some sort of texting thru Skype or some other protocol that allows her to text all over the world without charges. Not voice or video--it comes thru as a text but it is over the internet, not thru a text message/phone provider.

She has a chronic medical condition and had a flare a couple days before the cruise...so she spent most of the first few days in bed (able to get around by wheelchair only). She did start venturing from the room as her physical condition improved. But the first few days were in bed communicating with her friends other than meals. I know she didn't download a lot of stuff while on the ship. She didn't use anywhere near her whole package (if that helps....)

The first day she burned thru a couple gig "doing nothing." Turned out that there was something running in the background. Shut that off and use went to almost nothing.

Edited by moki'smommy

She has a chronic medical condition and had a flare a couple days before the cruise...so she spent most of the first few days in bed (able to get around by wheelchair only). She did start venturing from the room as her physical condition improved. But the first few days were in bed communicating with her friends other than meals. I know she didn't download a lot of stuff while on the ship. She didn't use anywhere near her whole package (if that helps....)

The first day she burned thru a couple gig "doing nothing." Turned out that there was something running in the background. Shut that off and use went to almost nothing.

Oh, poor kid. Hope the last half the trip went much better for her. Okay, this gives me a good idea. Thanks!