Muster Drill on the Getaway

bruadhin

Your split up by where your cabin is. They are in multiple places around the ship. Just follow the letter and number on the card and back of door.

Thank you, I've done a muster drill before. My question was, is it outside by the lifeboats or inside a theater, restaurant, etc.? Only on our first cruise were we unlucky enough to have to do it outside wearing life jackets. I'm hoping NCL doesn't do that.

Also, Carnival requires all children under 12 to wear a wristband with the muster station printed on it. Does NCL do something similar? Based on reading other threads, it sounds like check in at the kid's club is quite different.

The drills are inside one of the venues and you don't have to wear your life jacket. Get there a little early if you want a spot to sit down.

Thanks. Any info on how they handle children? Are wristbands required?

The other thing to know on the Getaway is to make absolutely certain your section leader scans your cruise card. If not, then you will get a message on your TV saying to report to the makeup muster drill the next morning at 11am.

On our recent Getaway cruise we did go to the muster drill, but something went wrong and although our cards were scanned, they thought we hadn't attended and the message was on our TV. Luckily we were in a suite, so I went to the concierge for help and she took care of the problem so we didn't have to go to the makeup muster drill. If you are in a regular cabin and this happens to you, I expect you would need to go to guest services for assistance.

Thanks. Any info on how they handle children? Are wristbands required?

Wristbands are not required other than when attending Splash Academy. If you register for Splash Academy, they will give a wristband, which can be worn at all times or taken off and only used when necessary. However, if you lose it, they will charge you $5 to replace it.

Wristbands are not required other than when attending Splash Academy. If you register for Splash Academy, they will give a wristband, which can be worn at all times or taken off and only used when necessary. However, if you lose it, they will charge you $5 to replace it.

I assume an 8 year old would go to Splash Academy? And this sounds different than the typical non-removable wristbands that you have to cut off. Based on your statement, it sounds like it can be removed as needed?

I assume an 8 year old would go to Splash Academy? And this sounds different than the typical non-removable wristbands that you have to cut off. Based on your statement, it sounds like it can be removed as needed?

My recollection is that they will put it on tight enough that it needs to be cut off, or they will make it looser so that you can slip it on and off, but increase the likelihood of losing it.

Splash Academy is the kids program. Yes, and 8 year old would attend if they wanted to.

Only have to wear a wristband if they are registered with the Splash Academy. Cannot take it off, it's like a hospital wristband. My son was NOT pleased that I didn't pack scissors to cut it off once we got in the car. Your child's wristband will have their muster station printed on it.

As for the muster drill: no life jacket and show up at your station. The longer it takes you to get there, the longer it will be. Plan on heading to your station around 3:30 pm. Our station was one of the MDRs. It was not too bad considering that we were able to sit at the tables to watch the guy show us how to put on a life jacket and use the flashlight... :D

Edited by Im_on_a_boat