One Day in Anchorage, Which Restaurant?

loeytalldog

While we also love Jen's, for those who have transportation options Aladdin's is also a consideration.

A downtown restaurant which I have always felt has been overlooked is Fletcher's (located on the ground level of the Captain Cook Hotel).

While I personally enjoy Humpy's folks need to understand that it was a bar which was upgraded to a casual restaurant, but still has somewhat of a "bar" feeling. And at least one poster last summer was surprised after eating there that the menu is heavy on salmon offerings -- apparently they missed the reference to a humpback salmon in the name.

While we also love Jen's, for those who have transportation options Aladdin's is also a consideration.

A downtown restaurant which I have always felt has been overlooked is Fletcher's (located on the ground level of the Captain Cook Hotel).

While I personally enjoy Humpy's folks need to understand that it was a bar which was upgraded to a casual restaurant, but still has somewhat of a "bar" feeling. And at least one poster last summer was surprised after eating there that the menu is heavy on salmon offerings -- apparently they missed the reference to a humpback salmon in the name.

I will second that Fletcher's is very good. When we arrived in Anchorage 3 years ago for our cruise tour, we stayed at the Captain Cook. The restaurant that was recommended to us was the Snow Goose, but we were also warned that we would have a long wait without reservations. It was around 8pm, we had flown all day, and we just wanted to eat and go to bed. We walked down the street in search of someplace to eat. There was a place that lots of people were going into, and I can't remember the name, but we went in and there was a long wait for a table. So we walked back to the hotel, and there was no wait at Fletcher's. We did not have high expectations, but decided to give it a try. Well, we had a super delicious meal. Service was great. It was a nice start to our vacation in Alaska. I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

Another vote for Glacier Brewhouse for good seafood - loved the salmon BLT lettuce wedge. Also loved Moose's Tooth - best pizza ever - try an unusual one like chicken apricot (though they also have more traditional). We had 1/2 apricot chicken and 1/2 chipotle steak - yum. Whole wheat crust is awesome. If you can get there for breakfast or lunch Snow City Cafe is wonderful but make a reservation online in advance.