Classic Beverage Package "Know Before You Go"

jer_l

This has been very enlightening for booze drinkers. Ordering by the label brand makes it easy to distinguish between better booze. Even I understand that now. But I rarely drink anything except wine and found the wine offered at the bars pretty bad. In Jan. on the Equinox, Berringers was found everywhere, but not much else, except other Calif. low quality wines. Asking for something else, I was told this was all they had. Very disappointing. However, in the dining room, I had a variety of nice selections due to an amazing sommelier. But, on our second b2b cruise, we had a different one who was meh. We even tried to move to the first sommelier's new area. I found the drink package would not be worth the money had I paid for it separately. It wouldn't have been much difference price wise ordering by the bottle and getting better wine.

Just off the Eclipse...saw many people with the Classic package carrying a printed sheet of paper obtained from Customer Desk that clearly showed exactly what drinks were covered....by that I mean brands of beers, sprits by named brand and named wines.

I dont think anything could be simpler or better than that.

Just off the Eclipse...saw many people with the Classic package carrying a printed sheet of paper obtained from Customer Desk that clearly showed exactly what drinks were covered....by that I mean brands of beers, sprits by named brand and named wines.

I dont think anything could be simpler or better than that.

Anyway that you could post that list for us? Thank you!

Agree completely. Never bought into that move since RV never showed any interest in coaching, managing, or staying close to the game. Gave hated crosstowner Sandberg credit for at least 'paying the dues to manage'.

Anyway losing faith. Sox have extracted too much of my time and money in the

past decade and am convinced their management should be in circus entertainment or similar.

Ironically, many of my expenses such as Sox tickets I view as 'cruise dollars'

ie. 'instead of buying 20 games of tix and parking we could have gone on a cruise'.

??? Huh???

It's on celebrity's web site...and the list is examples....remember the package covers drinks up to $8 whether they are on that list or not.

It's on celebrity's web site...and the list is examples....remember the package covers drinks up to $8 whether they are on that list or not.

We are going on Eclipse and we would like to see a recent or current list from that ship. there are many lists from other sources that may or may not be up to date. So, again we would like the list from the Eclipse

Sure! The ingredients are vodka, watermelon juice, mint, lime juice and simple syrup. I get them without the mint, but that's just me. :)

Watermelon juice is pretty potent in taste, so I only use 1 oz., or less. (I found it at the Fresh Market) Otherwise, 2 oz. vodka, 1/2 squeezed lime and 1/2 - 1 oz. simple syrup - depending on your taste.

You will most likely need to experiment. Of course no drink is ever as good as the one someone else makes for you! :D

LOL. So true.

Thanks tons for the recipe ... I know what I'll be drinking on the weekend. :)

Oxo

Sorry!. We upgraded to premium.

Even if I had one I am not sure it would help that much...wines in particular alter from one cruise to the next based on availability. Same could happen to beers and spirits I suppose.

After a couple of days I noticed people had discarded the leaflets all over the ship....by thern they knew what they could have.

I never heard one complaint about what was covered and service throughout the ship was pretty good.

Enjoy your trip whatever is included for your cruise.

My experience is that there are different beers and wines available on different cruises as well as different lounges, bars and restaurants on each ship. For example, a wine we had a Cellar Masters was not available in the MDR. Nor was it on the list. Similar situation with the beers. Many beers on the classic list were not available on our sailing.

Basically, don't bother stewing about this ahead of time. Wait until you board, and it all becomes quickly apparent.

• 2 months later...

I had no trouble at all with the Classic Package. I simply asked for whatever cocktail I fancied and they made it for me with the alcohol brands that were included in the package. On a very few occasions, it was necassary to give me a slightly smaller drink!

It's pretty much a no brainer that upgrading to the Premium package is the only way to go. If you already received the Classic as a 123 bonus, it's just $10 plus gratuity a day.....c'mon man, that's not even one good martini. And you don't have to keep asking "is there anything other than this really cheap wine I can have on the Classic package?"

I totally disagree. I have seen the lists posted by others on Cruise Critic; alcohol brands and types are numerous. Only a very few additions to the brands are on Premium. Wines and Beers are where the Premium package may warrant and upgrade. Ask for your favorite mixed adult beverage and a Brand name of alcohol. Pay for a beer that is not listed on Classic like Stella Artois. Price for upgrading is $11.80 per day and you can wait until mid-cruise to upgrade.

Another review was done recently on this Cruise Critic general thread and pictures were posted of the various lists. She stuck to the Classic Package. Enjoy your cruise.

I totally disagree. I have seen the lists posted by others on Cruise Critic; alcohol brands and types are numerous. Only a very few additions to the brands are on Premium. Wines and Beers are where the Premium package may warrant and upgrade. Ask for your favorite mixed adult beverage and a Brand name of alcohol. Pay for a beer that is not listed on Classic like Stella Artois. Price for upgrading is $11.80 per day and you can wait until mid-cruise to upgrade.

Another review was done recently on this Cruise Critic general thread and pictures were posted of the various lists. She stuck to the Classic Package. Enjoy your cruise.

I would say there are quite a few premium brands. If all they had beerwise on the premium list was Stella, I would stay on classic, but the very nice stock of craft beers does make it a "no brainer" for me to upgrade.

It's also nice to go to the Martini bar, which we frequent nightly before dinner, and not worry about trying to order a small martini to make the classic package fit, etc.

Celebrity has a list side by side for premium and Classic packages. To me all this causes so much confusion for the cruiser. We are cruising on constellation in February. Too make this more confusing my wife drinks martinis and will get premium pkg and I'm staying with classic pkg.

One thing I don't see on either list is whiskey. No crown,cc or anything. I wonder if this got let off?I'm just going to tell them a classic pkg vodka 7up and go that route.