Carnival Vista - 3 day CTN CANCELLED

landlady1952

Hi Everyone - Just letting you know that I'm getting the details for you and will report back as soon as I have all the info.

Thanks Mischelle, certainly a lot of misinformation going around (about the Nov 16 cruise which was to be the re-positioning) and causing some speculation. A little disappointed with how this is being handled (ie. info on Cruise Critic before notices went out, confusion about which port we're returning to, etc) so I look forward to you helping us out :)

Thanks Mischelle, certainly a lot of misinformation going around (about the Nov 16 cruise which was to be the re-positioning) and causing some speculation. A little disappointed with how this is being handled (ie. info on Cruise Critic before notices went out, confusion about which port we're returning to, etc) so I look forward to you helping us out :)

UPDATE: received an updated letter from Carnival the Nov 16 cruise is ending in MIA, not NYC. This was a typo! Itinerary is the same except two days later than planned.

Correction letter:

ITINERARY CHANGE - CORRECTION

CARNIVAL VISTA – NOVEMBER 18, 2016

June 11, 2015

Greetings folks!

Earlier today, you received a letter from us regarding a change to our itinerary for your New York to Miami sailing on the Carnival Vista.

While the itinerary was correct, we inadvertently listed New York as the ending port instead of Miami. We apologize for any confusion this caused and have listed the correct itinerary below for your reference.

Below is the revised itinerary:

Day Port of Call Arrive Depart_

Wed New York, NY 4:00 PM

Thu Fun Day @ Sea

Fri Fun Day @ Sea

Sat Grand Turk 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sun Fun Day @ Sea

Mon Bonaire 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Tue Aruba 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Wed Fun Day @ Sea

Thu St. Maarten, MA 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Fri Fun Day @ Sea

Sat Fun Day @ Sea

Sun Miami, FL 8:00 AM

As we previously communicated, if your schedule can accommodate the new departure and arrival dates, no need to do anything. Sit back and relax… we’ll be doing all the work and you’ll receive a new confirmation no later than next week.

If for some reason these dates don’t work with your schedule, please call us at 1-800-CARNIVAL or contact your Personal Vacation Planner at 1-800-819-3902 at your earliest convenience so we can make other arrangements for you.

Most importantly, we’re looking forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Carnival Vista for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Solutions and Special Services

Hi Everyone - Just letting you know that I'm getting the details for you and will report back as soon as I have all the info.

i just want to say it's nice seeing you take a more proactive stance and posting here on cruise critic. it honestly would be a great way to diffuse situations like this and save some of the outrage / misinformation john heald deals with!

so what's the official word on the CTN cruises (this one and others) being cancelled?

i just want to say it's nice seeing you take a more proactive stance and posting here on cruise critic. it honestly would be a great way to diffuse situations like this and save some of the outrage / misinformation john heald deals with!

so what's the official word on the CTN cruises (this one and others) being cancelled?

Thanks falkcor; I always try to jump in when I see something bubbling up. :-)

I'm still waiting on final clarification but will post as soon as I have it.

Thanks falkcor; I always try to jump in when I see something bubbling up. :-)

I'm still waiting on final clarification but will post as soon as I have it.

great, thanks for the follow up, we look forward to the clarification regarding CTN cruises in the future. cheers :)

The repo is also not a repo anymore. It's now a NY round trip. I'm not happy. I have a Havana cabana and I don't want to sail round trip to NY. It's too cold.

That was a mistake. Just a date change, still a repo cruise. You should've received the corrected itinerary.

Reading between the lines of the e-mail one poster received, it sounds like CBP is no longer allowing the CTN loop-hole in the PVSA.

Can you explain that a little clearer. Are all cruises to nowhere over or just from NY or what?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Can you explain that a little clearer. Are all cruises to nowhere over or just from NY or what?

that's why i asked cclmischelle for clarification, i'm wondering the same thing!

Due to recent changes in how ships are cleared into and out of the United States by U.S. officials, certain short duration cruises without a foreign port of call are subject to itinerary changes beginning in 2016. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be permitted to operate cruises-to-nowhere.

Early posters claimed the CTN's from Baltimore/Norfolk and New Orleans had been cancelled. From the wording of the e-mail saying that it has to do with clearing the ship upon arrival, and given the cruise line's inability to actually state what is meant (like referring to the Jones Act), it looks, feels, and smells like a change in the PVSA, though a quick search of CBP doesn't show any rulings or rule changes in this area.

Due to recent changes in how ships are cleared into and out of the United States by U.S. officials, certain short duration cruises without a foreign port of call are subject to itinerary changes beginning in 2016. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be permitted to operate cruises-to-nowhere.

WOW, that SUCKS! :mad:

as it will surely be a source of discussion here and elsewhere, can you shed some light on what the 'recent changes in how ships are cleared into and out of the United States by U.S. officials' are?

further, is it expected this will be an industry-wide change, including carnival corporation brands such as princess, HAL, etc. or is carnival cruise line currently ahead of the curve in terms of these new regulations forcing cancellation of existing CTN itineraries?

Early posters claimed the CTN's from Baltimore/Norfolk and New Orleans had been cancelled. From the wording of the e-mail saying that it has to do with clearing the ship upon arrival, and given the cruise line's inability to actually state what is meant (like referring to the Jones Act), it looks, feels, and smells like a change in the PVSA, though a quick search of CBP doesn't show any rulings or rule changes in this area.

Thanks. Very interesting. Can't wait to see if Anthem's 3 day for March 2016 gets cancelled. If this Vista cancellation is part of some new rule then it certainly would be cancelled.

Just saw this elsewhere also. Can someone suggest to carnival to extend the TA then? [emoji3][emoji3]

i always value your input in areas such as this, as i do the fact you've already done a quick search of CBP and haven't seen any rulings or rule changes.

i'm curious exactly what these changes are.

Thanks. Very interesting. Can't wait to see if Anthem's 3 day for March 2016 gets cancelled. If this Vista cancellation is part of some new rule then it certainly would be cancelled.

I am hoping not, but on the plus side it looks like my 12 day in Jan will become a 14 day if that is the case.