Athens information special needs

PG13

So we are going to visit Greece in mid-October, less busy I've heard. My husband has early onset Parkinson's disease which causes him to have mobility issues so I have a couple question for someone who has been to Greece.

1) At the Acropolis will we be allowed to use the elevator or would we need some handicap card/dr. statement?

2) I'm considering using the Hop On Hop Off tour bus, hoping by doing this we would conserve his energy for walking sites rather than getting from place to place. But I've also read about the traffic congestion in Athens, question is does anyone have experience using them? Good idea? Or will the traffic issues make this a time consuming bad idea?

3) We've used HOHO buses in other European cities - there the HOHO bus picked folks up at the dock - do these ones pick up and drop off at the dock?

Thank you for any information you can give me.

Pat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The answers above are great!! It is why I do Love this site.

I wanted to add these days it is very easy to have your agent get you a mobility scooter, wheel chair, or even a rollator(walker with wheels, and a seat) This can give your husband some freedom in getting around both in port and on the ship. Most of the mobility scooters will even fit into regular staterooms, if you can not get an accessible one. I hope this advice can help you as well.

Have a great trip!