Spa info and/or pics for the Quantum class, please?

Hello,

JUST got off the NCL Breakaway this past week and we were wow'ed by their thermal suite. It was QUITE pricey ($200 pp for the weekly pass), but totally worth it. Super Large, with 15 heated stone loungers situated in front of floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bow of the ship. A large heated thalassotherapy pool, saunas, steam rooms, salt room, lots of cushioned loungers overlooking the side of the ship, piped in soothing spa music... all co-ed, so dh and I spent hours relaxing there daily.

We are considering the Quantum or Anthem next and love Royal, but remember being severely underwhelmed by the spa on the Allure of the Seas. Can anyone comment on the Quantum class? Is it improved greatly over the Oasis class? Anyone have any pics they can share? Is it a co-ed thermal suite? Price? We just don't want to be disappointed...

It was not improved on Quantum Class. They have actually reduced the 'footprint' of the Thermal Suite with only one steam and one dry sauna and one shower. The only improvement is that they have window at the ceiling level that lets some exterior light in to the venue.

Even though Steiner runs the spas on NCL as well, they are completely different. Those new NCL Thermal Suites are absolutely fantastic.

http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-Quantum-Tour-2s.html

Edited by MADflyer

It was not improved on Quantum Class. They have actually reduced the 'footprint' of the Thermal Suite with only one steam and one dry sauna and one shower. The only improvement is that they have window at the ceiling level that lets some exterior light in to the venue.

Even though Steiner runs the spas on NCL as well, they are completely different. Those new NCL Thermal Suites are absolutely fantastic.

http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-Quantum-Tour-2s.html

Thanks for the info. How disappointing :(. I had such a good experience with the size, the facilities, the view and the overall atmosphere of how the BA class does their spa. I was truly looking forward to returning to Royal and recreating the experience. Looks like I should cross my fingers for the Harmony of the Seas. Perhaps they will improve the spa by then :confused: One can only hope :rolleyes:

Here are some pix of the Quantum´s spa. And you´ll find more here.

steamboats

I was onboard Quantum for 27 days last fall... and took a LOT of pictures (including in the spa area) which are shared on my Snapfish album. E-mail me at gep2 at terabites dot com for the invitation to my album (I also have albums from other sailings too, including the final voyage of Carnival Destiny and the pre-inaugural and maiden voyage of Oasis of the Seas, if you'd enjoy those as well).

My suggestion is to join the spa tours on embarkation day, so you can see what's on offer before you decide to spend the money. But there is SO much stuff to do onboard Quantum-class, it's not as if you're going to be wandering aimlessly about the ship bored out of your skull or anything. ;-))))

On other ships, I've historically enjoyed using some of that traditional "down time" between about 5-7pm (when usually there aren't many activities planned, and first sitting is getting ready for dinner or in the dining room) to head for the sauna or steam room (and Carnival's "Destiny" class had particularly wonderful steam room and sauna, which were free) to relax and unwind before heading down to the cabin to dress for dinner. But honestly, I object to paying such dissuasive prices for sauna and steamroom as has become commonplace nowadays (sigh) so have passed on that pleasure on these newer ships.