Dining Room Times

Tulip_Girl

I'm booking the Crown Princess for May 2016. I've been given the choice of dinner at 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. I'm assuming that one of those times is for the aft dining room and the other for the midships dining room. Does anyone know which is which? We really want the aft dining room, if possible. Thanks so much!

Usually the earlier time is in the midship dining room, which becomes "Anytime" after the early sitting. The aft dining room is usually the later time and remains "Traditional" for second sitting.

I'd bet money there won't be a 6pm. It almost always winds up 5:30, or if you're lucky, 5:45.

One of my major pet peeves!! I have been on very few cruises where traditional first seating in the main dining room is actually the 6pm time that is shown on the itinerary and my cruise card. We don't want to eat any earlier than 6 pm, but we've often had 5:30. I've discussed it with the maitre d', the Captain's Circle hostess and left comments on the survey. I've been told that the decision is made by the corporate office, not the maitre d', but I wish it would be consistent. As others have noted there is a 5:30 seating for the early birds in one of the anytime dining rooms, so why can't they leave the mdr first seating at 6pm?

One of my major pet peeves!! I have been on very few cruises where traditional first seating in the main dining room is actually the 6pm time that is shown on the itinerary and my cruise card.

I often have had a different actual dining time than shown in the Personalizer before the cruise. However, the time shown on my cruise card has always been the actual dining time.

(On one B2B with late traditional seating the Personalizer showed 8 PM for both segments. First segment ended up being at 7:45 and second segment ended up being at 8:15., both shown correctly on the cruise cards.)

Edited by caribill