European Cruise Comparison and Questions

When in Europe I do not care about ship that much. Except Costa and MSC (loved them in Caribbean) as they have different rules in Med, and different clientele.

I would pick Med for the first European cruise even though we love Baltics and Scandinavia.

The Baltic for sure. Wonderful cities, and with the overnight in Russia, you don't have to rush back to the ship at night.

One thing to note with Rome. While it might be in port for 12 hours, you won't be able to enjoy the city for 12 hours. Its about an hour to an hour and a half ride from the ship to the city, and they usually want you onboard about thirty minutes before you set sail. Right there you are already down to 8 1/2 hours.

Also, remember that if you book a ship tour the group will be very large and you'll end up with earphones to listen to the guide.

We hired a private guide (not driver-guide) when we were in some of the cities and were thrilled that we did (especially Russia and Rome). We got to see what we wanted, and spend as much or a little time that we wanted. More expensive, yes, but much worth it...especially if its the only time I'll be able to get to that city.

Good point! Who wants to put money into Putins pockets?

The people you really hurt with this line of thinking are just like you. Think about it. Does Obama personally suffer if tourists quit coming to New York? No, the people who pay are the cab drivers, tour guides etc.,..

The people you really hurt with this line of thinking are just like you. Think about it. Does Obama personally suffer if tourists quit coming to New York? No, the people who pay are the cab drivers, tour guides etc.,..

On the other hand that's the same people who support Putin's quest in neighboring country....

On the other hand that's the same people who support Putin's quest in neighboring country....

Oh so it's just llike the United States. Everyone here agrees in every way with everything our government does. LOL. And if you believe that I have a bridge for sale.

Unless you have surveyed everybody in the country and know they all are agreement with Putin?

I am pretty familiar with both countries Russia and Ukraine and have numerous friends and relatives in both. I am from Eastern part of Ukraine. So I have some ideas about situation. Unfortunately majority of people slide with him...

I am pretty familiar with both countries Russia and Ukraine and have numerous friends and relatives in both. I am from Eastern part of Ukraine. So I have some ideas about situation. Unfortunately majority of people slide with him...

I also have friends from both countries. None of whom agree with him.

So maybe you should not assume your friends are representative of the entire population?

Some of them agree, some not, both sides have no doubts that majority supports Putin. Does this number 86% looks familiar to you? This is his approval rating.

Some of them agree, some not, both sides have no doubts that majority supports Putin. Does this number 86% looks familiar to you? This is his approval rating.

I am not going to fight with you on this it's not worth the effort. But the way to affect change historically has not been by boycott or prejudice.

Edited by Carolla5501