FTTF question?

moongal

Hello,

We are scheduled to leave on the magic next Sunday. I purchased a FTTF pass because I wanted to be on the ship as early and fast as possible (we are very excited!)

I was planning to get to the boat at around 11ish, and was really looking forward to boarding early and maybe enjoying a less crowded boat for a wee bit before all the people were on board.

I just got an email from carnival informing me that there will be a staggered embarkation process and my time to board the ship is 2pm-3pm. They said everyone must be onboard by 3 pm so I am assuming I must be in the last group. I am very upset because that defeats the purpose of why I bought the faster to the fun pass!!

Does anyone know why carnival would sell the FASTER to the fun pass if you cannot get there any faster? I feel like I wasted my money. :(

Hello,

We are scheduled to leave on the magic next Sunday. I purchased a FTTF pass because I wanted to be on the ship as early and fast as possible (we are very excited!)

I was planning to get to the boat at around 11ish, and was really looking forward to boarding early and maybe enjoying a less crowded boat for a wee bit before all the people were on board.

I just got an email from carnival informing me that there will be a staggered embarkation process and my time to board the ship is 2pm-3pm. They said everyone must be onboard by 3 pm so I am assuming I must be in the last group. I am very upset because that defeats the purpose of why I bought the faster to the fun pass!!

Does anyone know why carnival would sell the FASTER to the fun pass if you cannot get there any faster? I feel like I wasted my money. :(

delete it, Throw it in the gabage... standard letter most of the time.. you have FTTF u will board early.... If your not there early there is not much sense to have purchased this... They are just trying to everyone NOT to get there at one time, and new cruisers sometimes just don't know, so they do come later..

Yup, ignore it. Keep in mind by the time you go to your room and drop your luggage the ship fills up pretty quickly. We've had FTTF 3 times now and never got that sense of having the ship uncrowded. Everyone heads to lido for lunch. It is nice though and I highly recommend it.

Actually, if your getting there early you dont need FTTF. Lines wont be crazy early.

You can get a refund if you choose to.

FTTF isn't only for boarding early you know. It also means that their cabin will be ready when they board, and they will get priority tendering and shorter lines at guest services. So no reason to cancel their FTTF just because there is an off chance that there might be no lines when they board.

We had fttf on the conquest.. We arrived by 1030 and ignored the call and email. In ft lauderdale made sure at luggage drop off to have fttf stickers put on luggage by porter. We were able to get thru security pronto. A special seating area was set aside for fttf. Once platinum and diamond boarded so did we. Room was ready but the absolute best part of fttf was skipping long line everytime i was at service desk. Insaved lots of time and got whatever i needed done asap. I loved it even those in the line got irritated. I would do it again. Only weird thing.. Debarking i had paid for luggage to airport and had to wait for zone 3 ..honestly my id did not allow me to deboard. It would flash i could not leave the ship..wished they had explained that part. Vacations are about relaxing and enjoying.. Enjoy your cruise

Go early. Ignore advise to get rid of FTTF if you are getting their early. You will still board earlier than most people and to me the best part is you can get to your room right away to drop your stuff off. We used to sit around the Lido with our carry ons, now we can drop it off to explore the ship right away.

Enjoy your cruise.