Cabin Upgrade

walsh1363

Myself and my husband are sailing on the Queen Elizabeth in an outside cabin, but we have decided to upgrade into a balcony so went online and a balcony is now £400 cheaper than what we had paid, so thought happy days gave them a call only to find out that they want to charge us £900 on top off what we have paid so a cabin they are selling at £3798 it will cost me £5100 doesn't seem fair and has left a very bad taste in my mouth, what can I do about it. If anything

You can cancel your original booking, lose your original deposit and rebook at the lower fare - but you'd need to check the figures to see if it is worth it. If you have booked at the full fare as opposed to a saver fare, you MAY be able to change by transferring your booking, to a new booking on the same cruise, but will cost you £100 admin fee and there are conditions.

I am afraid this is the way some cruise lines work - annoying yes, but that's their policy.

Edited by cruiseluvva

Myself and my husband are sailing on the Queen Elizabeth in an outside cabin, but we have decided to upgrade into a balcony so went online and a balcony is now £400 cheaper than what we had paid, so thought happy days gave them a call only to find out that they want to charge us £900 on top off what we have paid so a cabin they are selling at £3798 it will cost me £5100 doesn't seem fair and has left a very bad taste in my mouth, what can I do about it. If anything

If you the Saving is greater or more than your Deposit then bite the bullet & Cancel the booking & rebook at the lower price Ok you lose your deposit & no one likes losing money but you get your Balcony cabin. But do it before the 90 day final payment is due.

Edited by zider