Formal Nights On Emerald 7 Day Cruise

spcl4cs_gal

I am a first time Princess passenger and would like to know which nights during a seven day cruise are normally formal nights in the dining room. If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Which cruise are you going on? Looking on your signature line, next up -- Rome to Istanbul? Not sure if this info will help if you are not on the same one...but I just got off the Emerald on a 7-day Med cruise Barcelona to Rome. The formal nights were the second night following the Marseilles port day and the second to last night following the port day in Valletta. I was surprised that one of the formal nights was not on the one sea day we had.

Edited by Chloe1500

I am a first time Princess passenger and would like to know which nights during a seven day cruise are normally formal nights in the dining room. If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Itinerary?

Based on your itinerary, I would say the first Formal night would be the first sea day and the second would be the day of the Messina port stop.

That is consistent with the Messina stop lasting until 5:00 pm.

IMHO

• 2 weeks later...
Which cruise are you going on? Looking on your signature line, next up -- Rome to Istanbul? Not sure if this info will help if you are not on the same one...but I just got off the Emerald on a 7-day Med cruise Barcelona to Rome. The formal nights were the second night following the Marseilles port day and the second to last night following the port day in Valletta. I was surprised that one of the formal nights was not on the one sea day we had.

We are on the 8/8 14 nighter Barcelona to Athens, you had 2 formal nights on the first 7 day leg potentially means we could have 4 formal nights on our 14 night cruise, this seems a lot considering we had 2 on the 12 nighter Regal cruise last summer....anyone completed the Rome to Athens leg yet who can advise please?

We are on the 8/8 14 nighter Barcelona to Athens, you had 2 formal nights on the first 7 day leg potentially means we could have 4 formal nights on our 14 night cruise, this seems a lot considering we had 2 on the 12 nighter Regal cruise last summer....anyone completed the Rome to Athens leg yet who can advise please?

There will be two formal evenings on every Princess cruise segment that is 7 days long.

A 14 day cruise that is a single segment will have three formal evenings.

There will be two formal evenings on every Princess cruise segment that is 7 days long.

A 14 day cruise that is a single segment will have three formal evenings.

That doesn't add up, you can book Emerald med cruises as 7, 14 or 21 nights so if each 7 nights has 2 formal nights the the 14 nighter will have 4 & the 21 nighter will have 6......

That doesn't add up, you can book Emerald med cruises as 7, 14 or 21 nights so if each 7 nights has 2 formal nights the the 14 nighter will have 4 & the 21 nighter will have 6......

Exactly.

2 formal evenings on each segment.

And the menus on each 7 day segment will repeat.

As will the jokes told by the Cruise Director and by the Captain.

I am on the Athens to Istanbul and after an overnight in Istanbul go on to Rome. Booked as a 14 day cruise, but getting credited for 2 cruises. Our information states 3 formal nights, but I'm not sure which 3 nights it will be.

I am on the Athens to Istanbul and after an overnight in Istanbul go on to Rome. Booked as a 14 day cruise, but getting credited for 2 cruises. Our information states 3 formal nights, but I'm not sure which 3 nights it will be.

We are on the Emerald now. The first formal night was last night--first sea day. As stated above, the second one is Thursday after a relatively early departure from Messina. We have not been given next week's schedule yet, but we know there is only one formal night and presume it will be on the only sea day. That is Tuesday between Salerno and Livorno.

The information is incorrect, you will have four formal evenings.

It is an IT problem. The code just assumes that a cruise of any length is a single segment. They do not have the logic to look at the booking and say "Oh, two segments, so number formal evenings will be the number on the first segment + the number on the second segment."

The information is incorrect, you will have four formal evenings 😵

It is an IT problem. The code just assumes that a cruise of any length is a single segment. They do not have the logic to look at the booking and say "Oh, two segments, so number formal evenings will be the number on the first segment + the number on the second segment."

So that would mean we have 4 formal nights

Thanks for all your replies, the reason I ask is we are doing the 14 nighter which is cruise number E531A our son is getting on 7 days later in Rome cruise number E532 so need to know how many outfits we all need.

luv2snrkl I am on the Athens to Istanbul and after an overnight in Istanbul go on to Rome. Booked as a 14 day cruise, but getting credited for 2 cruises. Our information states 3 formal nights, but I'm not sure which 3 nights it will be.

Off topic and if possible as I appreciate your on holiday, could you photograph a patter showing the drinking age as 18, it would be much appreciated 😀

Just had confirmation via Twitter with @ShaneRileyUK'

“@ShaneRileyUK: Hi Gail, if your cruise is made up of 2 7 night cruises (as mine is) you will have 4.

I also asked about entertainment/movies being repeated and he replied

@ShaneRileyUK:no don't worry the entertainment isn't repeated...you even get double captains cocktail party 😉

40 days and counting 🚢

The information is incorrect, you will have four formal evenings.

Thanks, I didn't realize that as the information in my account said 3 formal nights. I didn't even realize that it was 2 cruises until I checked my account and saw that I was being credited with 2 cruises! I'm happy about the latter, but would rather have just had 3 formal nights! Oh well, I can deal!

so if i'm on 28 days cruise, then i'll have 8 formal nights?? and no show repeated?

I only asked “@ShaneRileyUK on Twitter about our 14 nighter, I think on the 28 nighter there must be repeats but looks like 8 formal nights for you 😉 give him a tweet and ask

so if i'm on 28 days cruise, then i'll have 8 formal nights?? and no show repeated?

If this is 4 seven-day segments, there will be 8 formal nights.

Even on two consecutive seven-day segments it is likely that production shows will be repeated (the cast and scenery on a ship are able to support only three or four different production shows). Guest entertainers come and go so they may or may not repeat.

• 2 weeks later...