Booking without knowing who the second pax will be?

Kenlorz

We are wanting to book the Escape for next year (loved Breakaway!). My sister would like to book with us, too. We want to book before the end of the month to take advantage of the free beverage package. Unfortunately, due to the nature of my BIL's business, he won't know for quite a while if he can join her or not. If he can't come, her best friend will join her. We would be booking for next summer (2016). Is it possible for her to book a cabin now without knowing who her companion will be?

We are wanting to book the Escape for next year (loved Breakaway!). My sister would like to book with us, too. We want to book before the end of the month to take advantage of the free beverage package. Unfortunately, due to the nature of my BIL's business, he won't know for quite a while if he can join her or not. If he can't come, her best friend will join her. We would be booking for next summer (2016). Is it possible for her to book a cabin now without knowing who her companion will be?

I book without knowing who will be in the cabin with me all the time, what I do is book who I think will be going with me and if that changes I just call NCL and make the change later and the promotions usually will be applied to the new Person.

If it happens after the final payment there may be a small fee.

I've never done this but have read numerous times about being able to change the name of someone in a cabin. But, as long as you will know prior to final payment, the worst case scenario is you can book now and hope for the best, and then cancel and rebook and risk losing the beverage package later.

I booked an extra person with a made-up name when making our reservations in order to secure the promotion at the time, as well as ensure the spot was reserved should ship capacity be reached before we decide who to take on the cruise with us. My PCC assured me it will be no problem to either change the name, or cancel the person prior to sailing should we end up not taking an additional person with us.

As long as one name on the reservation stays the same as the original booking and the change is made at least 3 days before sailing, your golden.