Forward VH Rooms on Signature and Vista Class

Cruzaholic41

I tried searching this board, but could find any. Does anyone here have photos of the balcony in the very forward VH balconies on either of these 2 ship classes, specifically 4001 or 4002? I know these are metal balconies, but I'd like to see the view forward. Also, was it annoying being right there and so open to a crew area?

We were assigned VE7002 on Eurodam in 2012. The cabin was directly below the bridge wing that extended out another twenty feet from where our verandah rail was, so we could never look up to see the sky. You had to lean out over the rail to see (slightly) forward. Immediately forward was an open promenade. The only time I saw or heard anyone out there was the day we sailed, crossing from the channel into the Atlantic I happened to notice a crew member standing essentially next to me, separated by the verandah partition. I asked her if that promenade was open to passengers and she said it wasn't.

I would be surprised to see if any of today's cruise ships that have passenger cabin verandahs facing completely forward and not having some sort of screen or window across. The wind would make it very difficult to utilize it. Furthermore, although it's pretty uncommon for most ships to hit very heavy seas, a captain turns a ship that does into the oncoming waves. They would have to replace quite a bit of furniture if verandahs faced forward.

I would be surprised to see if any of today's cruise ships that have passenger cabin verandahs facing completely forward and not having some sort of screen or window across. The wind would make it very difficult to utilize it. Furthermore, although it's pretty uncommon for most ships to hit very heavy seas, a captain turns a ship that does into the oncoming waves. They would have to replace quite a bit of furniture if verandahs faced forward.

The particular rooms I'm interested in, 4001 and 4002, have only a partial partition facing forward, about waste high. Even through the balconies are on the side of the ship, the lack of a full partition allows a view forward across the bow area. In other words, if you jumped over the railing, you'd be on the bow. If you Google Image any of these ships and look at these particular balconies, you'll see what I mean.

I tried searching this board, but could find any. Does anyone here have photos of the balcony in the very forward VH balconies on either of these 2 ship classes, specifically 4001 or 4002? I know these are metal balconies, but I'd like to see the view forward. Also, was it annoying being right there and so open to a crew area?

It seems that the Vista's have only a partial partition while the Signature class has a full partition.

Take a look at this photo of the Eurodam: http://www.cruisecurrents.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ms_Eurodam_ShOJWiYEwgRhjAjBpcF0Eyo_rgb_l.jpg

And Zuiderdam: http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/44/85/68328544/photos/Ships-ships-and-more-/1msZuiderdam_Oct09_028.jpg

You can enlarge the picture and get a very good view.

Edited by Boytjie

It seems that the Vista's have only a partial partition while the Signature class has a full partition.

Take a look at this photo of the Eurodam: http://www.cruisecurrents.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ms_Eurodam_ShOJWiYEwgRhjAjBpcF0Eyo_rgb_l.jpg

And Zuiderdam: http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/44/85/68328544/photos/Ships-ships-and-more-/1msZuiderdam_Oct09_028.jpg

You can enlarge the picture and get a very good view.

Thanks for those photos! Ok, so I was wrong about Signature Class. They have the full partitions. So, I'm just interested in Vista Class. I'd still like to see photos from the balcony and know whether or not there is a serious privacy issue from crew being right there.

Someone would have to look around in order to see anyone on the verandah. Not saying they wouldn't, but to be honest, you have to wonder how much use that promenade might get. As I said, on our Eurodam cruise I saw/heard only that one person, one time. The rest of the time it seemed deserted. Not saying you won't see more.

Consider this: I firmly believe that crew on cruise ships highly respect everyone's privacy. Think about it, if you have ever seen where these folks "live," it is very crowded and cramped. They have curtains around their bunks. They have very little truly private time themselves. If you lived in that situation, wouldn't you learn the value of privacy?