Well, it was fun while it lasted...

N7786W Flyer

Yeah, I was really surprised that they canceled one of the "Journeys" cruises...especially since they rolled them out with such fanfare just a few months ago.

They're offering a $50/person OBC credit to rebook on another cruise. I'll take a look and see what is available around that time of year...who knows, we may end up booking two 7 day BTB cruises.

I am curious about one thing though...even though we never even packed for this cruise and the ship never left port, can I still claim on this forum that this was 'The Cruise from HELL' or that 'Carnival RUINED my cruise?' LOL!

I'm an old guy...I need all the sympathy I can get! :)

Garnett

We booked B2B on the Glory to replace this repo. Nov 5th and Nov 12th - Western and Eastern Caribbean. They transfered all monies paid to the new cruises, and the total of the two for 14 days was less than the one for 12 days. The Glory is one of our favorite ships.

Not really a big deal since you would have to be real silly to have made airline and hotel reservations already for a cruise in November of 2016. It will be easier to get to/from Miami than to get to Galveston and from Port C. from and to O'Hare. (Would have had to use Southwest to Hobby and it adds an hour to the trip to the airport in Chicago.)

Sign on to these cruises and we can share a Cabana or a villa at Half Moon Cay. :)

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Yeah, I was really surprised that they canceled one of the "Journeys" cruises...especially since they rolled them out with such fanfare just a few months ago.

They're offering a $50/person OBC credit to rebook on another cruise. I'll take a look and see what is available around that time of year...who knows, we may end up booking two 7 day BTB cruises.

Garnett

They have a 27 Nov 16 Breeze cruise available for booking right now on the Carnival website. It's out of Galveston. I booked that one and the next week already and I'll fight with Carnival later for my $50 pp OBC and my deposit on the repo cruise.

It's true that the ports are not the same, not by a long shot, but there are only so many ports in the Caribbean and I've been to most at least once already.

From what I've read so far today, Carnival decided to do some rearranging after the "Cruise To Nowhere" was outlawed or whatever you want to call it. The Magic is going to PC in May, Splendor is replacing the Breeze in Miami in May and the Breeze will replace the Magic's cruises from May on. I may have a couple of details wrong so don't shoot the messenger.

One point that may be missed in all this is that the NEW 27 Nov 16 Breeze sailing (and the 4 Dec 16 sailing) is not a replacement for any existing cruise. Therefore, the cabins are ALL available. If you have a favorite, hard to find cabin, now is the time to try to get it. I booked a forward facing inside cabin on the Lido deck--the one with the window on the walkway.

I guess I need to change my avatar as in October 2010, I met a guy named Dave Ramsey who told me I didn't need that plane.

Garnett

Garnett, WE are STILL trying the kool-aid but we are still cruising in January. SHHHHhhhh, don't tell Dave. We have a DFD of Spring 2017. I'm working FT now, and joke that my retirement fund is for cruises!

We had a cruise cancelled I the past. Part of the payment was made with a Visa Gift card. They "refunded" the $500 to the Visa Gift card, which had been destroyed, since there were several months between payment and cancellation. Carnival could do nothing to help. The bank that issued the Visa Card was not helpful. It took several months to get the money. And it was looking like we were not going to get it until someone in the Customer Service department took it upon themselves to find it. Not a good situation. Hope you don't have that problem.

Rebooked onto a 7 night cruise on the Magic round trip out of Port Canaveral for 12/3/2016 since I already had the days approved off. They transferred the money over and added the OBC that was promised for the cancellation. So looks like a Disney trip prior to the cruise as well.

• 1 month later...
My wife and I booked a 12 day 'Journeys' cruise for November, 27, 2016 out of Galveston and ending in Port Canaveral. I was really pumped about this one as it hit several Central and South American ports we had not been to.

Unfortunately, I received an email from Carnival this morning informing us that they had canceled the cruise "in order to accommodate her repositioning to Port Canaveral".

It's going to be interesting to see how the refund the money to me...especially since it was entirely paid for with $100 Verizon gift cards...all 27 of them.

Garnett

My post above was more clairvoyant than I could have known.

When I received the cancellation from Carnival on June 16th, the notice clearly said, "If you do not wish to reschedule another cruise at this time, no need to do anything, refunds will be automatically processed to the original form of payment within three weeks."

So, here we are on July 27th, almost 6 weeks after the cancellation and I still don't have my refund.

Granted, I did take some of the funds from the 12 day cruise and apply it to another 8 day, but that still left me with with a credit of about $1,000 to be refunded on gift cards....which I was told would be promptly sent....and they were. Unfortunately, Carnival failed to put an address on the package (said they didn't have my address) and so the carrier returned the package back to Carnival.

Now Carnival has defaulted to the position of, "Yes, we know we said 3 weeks, but it may be 4 more weeks (6 so far plus 4 more to wait = 10 total) before we send the cards."

No one knows why the delay.

No one knows how they will send the cards (UPS, FedEx, etc.)

No one knows if I will get a tracking #

No one knows if I will be notified when they are shipped.

No one knows why they didn't have my address for the original shipment when I've cruised with them umpteen times and had the same address the whole time.

No one knows why they didn't contact me when the package was returned to let me know there was an issue...and to ASK for my address.

Only when I called to find out where my refund was was I told that they didn't have an address for me.

Unbelievable.

Sorry for all the ranting, but this has become intolerable. Up until now, I've always had very good service out of their Customer Service area, but now all I get are excuses and the refrain, "the people I need to talk to are not in the office right now....can you call back later?"

Garnett

My wife and I booked a 12 day 'Journeys' cruise for November, 27, 2016 out of Galveston and ending in Port Canaveral. I was really pumped about this one as it hit several Central and South American ports we had not been to.

Unfortunately, I received an email from Carnival this morning informing us that they had canceled the cruise "in order to accommodate her repositioning to Port Canaveral".

It's going to be interesting to see how the refund the money to me...especially since it was entirely paid for with $100 Verizon gift cards...all 27 of them.

Garnett

Oh no! That's terrible. They switched ships on us when we went out of Puerto Rico last May. We were supposed to have a ship with a Ocean Scenic cabin but switched it to a ship that did not have any. Your cancelled cruise is a totally different ballgame. I'm sure CCL will make it right. Good luck.

I think that this is a good example of Carnival lacking a sense of direction. Carnival thought it would be a good concept if they had their ships sailing out of a largest number of ports so that individuals will not have to fly to their port destinations. This is a sample of an idea that looks good on paper, but just doesn't quite work out.

Carnival's schedule has become so complicated, that from week to week, you are not sure what ship is sailing, for how long, out of what port. Individuals will book a cruise to find that they are switched to another ship, often without the same amenities.

I know that other cruise lines do this, but it does appear that Carnival is taking it to the extreme.

We live near Port Canaveral and we are surprised by the multiple changes in ships that Carnival has sailing out of that port. In additon, the RCCL and NCL ships that dock at the port have Carnival beat in quality.

We had a cruise on the Breeze (not a Journey one) cancelled and they gave us the 50.00 OBC and allowed us to pick a new one of comparable length and matched the original price we had booked, the new cruise was listed for about 300.00 more pp.

Well, I'm seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

A nice lady from the Gift Card Research Department (didn't know they had such a department) called me to let me know that she was sending the cards out today via FedEx and would email me the tracking # as soon as the package has shipped.

She indicated that she expected me to have my package by Thursday.

Assuming all goes well (and I'm afraid to assume anything at this point), I should have this situation behind me later this week.

Garnett

I do not like this at all. We were booked on the Breeze repo from Fl to TX. Now it is also cancelled. Nothing for same number of days, good ports or for the same cost. So Sad.

Interesting. I was booked on the Breeze for next year and had the Breeze replaced by the Splendor due to repositioning to Texas. Now to hear that the repo is cancelled that has me wondering if it is just going to repo with no passengers.

Yes, that is what I heard. I think all 3 ships, Breeze, Splendor and Freedom will reposition without passengers. Breeze moves around May 1st, 2016. Maybe it was May 6th.

The repositioning cruises are pretty popular, but I think they had to do something on short notice after the CTN were ruled an immigration violation. They had to rearrange schedules to eliminate several 2- and 3-day cruises to nowhere and the 12 day repositioning cruises didn't fit the new schedule.

Just curious, was this a Journey's cruise or the Magic Repo cruise? I know that I had wanted to take the repo cruise from GLS-Canaveral, but then they shifted the ships early and it is moving in spring now, instead of late fall and we are all booked up for then.

BTW, I probably worked all of you one time or another while I was at ZDC or ZJX!

[quote name='I Luv Crusin']Garnett, WE are STILL trying the kool-aid but we are still cruising in January. SHHHHhhhh, don't tell Dave. We have a DFD of Spring 2017. I'm working FT now, and joke that my retirement fund is for cruises![/QUOTE]

I won't say anything! We didn't do FPU but we did the Dave Ramsey program and it was the best thing we ever did. Debt free but the house.

Wonder how much further ahead we would be had we not done all those cruises while we were following the Financial Peace plan :rolleyes::D