Valor dry dock confirmed!!!

mouche

Well I guess the Valor is going into dry dock after all, I was booked on her for Oct 2016, but have been move to the Magic. I really wanted to sail the Valor and was hoping she would be dry docked before our sailing, but instead I just received my letter this morning stating we have been moved to the Magic. I guess I'm okay with this because we have not sailed the Magic before and was looking for a different ship.

This is the first time this has happen to us, so we shall see how they rebook us as far as location on the ship, I know we get the same Cat, but I like picking my own cabin.:D

Well I guess the Valor is going into dry dock after all, I was booked on her for Oct 2016, but have been move to the Magic. I really wanted to sail the Valor and was hoping she would be dry docked before our sailing, but instead I just received my letter this morning stating we have been moved to the Magic. I guess I'm okay with this because we have not sailed the Magic before and was looking for a different ship.

This is the first time this has happen to us, so we shall see how they rebook us as far as location on the ship, I know we get the same Cat, but I like picking my own cabin.:D

SORRY IF THIS GETS POSTED TWICE, WHAT ARE DATES OF DRY DOCK?

DW and I are B2B on Valor for 7th and 14th of NOV.

Thanks.

Wonder what 2.0 stuff she is getting?

Most likely the usual 2.0, guys, red frog, blue iguana and playlist thingy. Whole bunch of ships getting shuffled around. Good thing I haven't booked for 2016 yet. Was looking at the b2b 8/6 but those are more beach types of cruises and we aren't really the type that likes to hang out at a beach all day.

I'm confused. How does it effect your sailing if you're not leaving until October 2016? What port are you sailing out of? I assumed it was Port Canaveral but I didn't think the Magic was sailing from Port Canaveral.

I'm confused. How does it effect your sailing if you're not leaving until October 2016? What port are you sailing out of? I assumed it was Port Canaveral but I didn't think the Magic was sailing from Port Canaveral.

They are shuffling the ships sooner than was announced earlier. All the Breeze cruises after April 2016 are being turfed to the Spelndor.

You will love the Magic, I have been on two cruises and they were wonderful. Cloud 9 Spa!

The Magic is being moved to Port Canaveral effective May 8, 2016 thru Nov. 20, 2016

Edited by SHayesShip

You will love the Magic, I have been on two cruises and they were wonderful. Cloud 9 Spa!

I hope so, we have sail her sister ship the Breeze, so same layout I'm guessing.

I got email about Breeze to Splendor switch- which Im not interested in.

So looking to maybe get on the Magic once the release the ports to visit for June 2016.

What ports are you going to in Oct?

Our ports will stay the same...

Sat Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL

4:00 PM Sun Fun Day At Sea

Mon Amber Cove, Dominican Republic 9:00 AM 4:00 PM Tue St. Thomas, Usvi 11:00 AM 7:00 PM Wed San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 AM 4:00 PM Thu Grand Turk 12:00 PM 6:00 PM Fri Fun Day At Sea

Sat Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL 8:00 AM

I wonder what's going on with the Magic? I'm looking at a cruise in June 2016 and Carnival website doesn't show any options for the Magic in June.

There are 4 ships moving ports - the Breeze is moving to Galveston to take over the Magic itineraries.

Most likely the usual 2.0, guys, red frog, blue iguana and playlist thingy. Whole bunch of ships getting shuffled around. Good thing I haven't booked for 2016 yet. Was looking at the b2b 8/6 but those are more beach types of cruises and we aren't really the type that likes to hang out at a beach all day.

Unfortunately 2.0 upgrades doesn't mean what it used to!

I would not count on any ship going in to dry dock getting the "full 2.0" upgrades - no ship that has had a recent dry dock has gotten it all. Seems that they are selecting just some of the 2.0 venues and it changes ship to ship.

The Victory for instance got 2 new bars - Alchemy and Skybox - and some new carpet. But no Guys, Blue Iguana, Red Frog and there were no updates to the cabins or to the shows.

Seems with the change of leadership there has been a decision to pull back from all ships getting the "full 2.0" upgrades. :(

FYI. Per a notification straight from CCL, the Valor will start itineraries from "Port Canaveral starting May 8, 2016, after her 15 day scheduled dry dock."

I was told yesterday by carnival travel guy that Valor was going to dry dock Sept this year??/ I am really confused no. we were booked on the Breeze and got moved to Splendor which isn't gonna happen!

I was told yesterday by carnival travel guy that Valor was going to dry dock Sept this year??/ I am really confused no. we were booked on the Breeze and got moved to Splendor which isn't gonna happen!

We too were booked on the Breeze for September 2016 - 6 cabins - and were moved to the Splendor. Not ok for us! :mad:

Our group has decided that the ship is more important for this cruise than the ports so we have followed the Breeze to Galveston and are rebooked on the Breeze.

I was booked on Valor too and moved to Magic for Aug 2016. We are completely fine with that...however I had a nice aft extended balcony on the Valor plus an inside cabin as well (family of 5). My inside has been moved to the Magic and not my aft balcony. They won't let me make any changes or switches until they have me moved, said my bookings are frozen. Are you guys all moved over already? How have you, happy cruzin, moved back to the Breeze...did they have you all moved over to the Splendor (all 6 cabins)? I am just wondering what's taking them so long to do my 2nd cabin (and it's the aft balcony that I am itching to keep...it's for 3 pax and they only have 2 on the magic).

Also, was told that they won't release the cruises to the public until they have all the folks, who were previously booked, switched over.

Edited by laumicmah

I was booked on Valor too and moved to Magic for Aug 2016. We are completely fine with that...however I had a nice aft extended balcony on the Valor plus an inside cabin as well (family of 5). My inside has been moved to the Magic and not my aft balcony. They won't let me make any changes or switches until they have me moved, said my bookings are frozen. Are you guys all moved over already? How have you, happy cruzin, moved back to the Breeze...did they have you all moved over to the Splendor (all 6 cabins)? I am just wondering what's taking them so long to do my 2nd cabin (and it's the aft balcony that I am itching to keep...it's for 3 pax and they only have 2 on the magic).

Also, was told that they won't release the cruises to the public until they have all the folks, who were previously booked, switched over.

I was on the July 30, 2016 Breeze. My rooms on the Splendor still have not been assigned. I had 2 connecting rooms, and am also "frozen" right now.

Edited by johnnyf0614

I got in touch with my PVP as early Tuesday morning when I got the email - to see what options were available - because I knew the Splendor was going to be an issue.

Yes - they transferred all of our cabins to the Splendor - she said there was no way to stop that transfer. She would not be permitted to make any changes until the Splendor bookings were in place.

By Tuesday night she was able to secure the same cabins we had with the original Breeze booking (one aft wrap, the next 4 extended afts and one inside across the hall from the wrap) but she was not able complete the transfer of our OBC credit from a previous promotion until yesterday.

But as of yesterday afternoon we are now fully transferred to the Breeze again and have received a confirmation that the Splendor booking has been cancelled. We each received the $50 OBC credit for the ship change and those that had the $25/pp OBC from a promotion in April kept that too!

One other note....when they moved us to the Splendor there was NO effort to keep our cabins together - even though they were all linked. Our cabins we ALL over the place - so that would not have worked even if we intended to stay with the Splendor.

Ultimately the change back to the Breeze is saving us $800.00 per cabin + the OBC - so although we will miss the Aruba/Curacao itinerary the savings is nice.

I got in touch with my PVP as early Tuesday morning when I got the email - to see what options were available - because I knew the Splendor was going to be an issue.

Yes - they transferred all of our cabins to the Splendor - she said there was no way to stop that transfer. She would not be permitted to make any changes until the Splendor bookings were in place.

By Tuesday night she was able to secure the same cabins we had with the original Breeze booking (one aft wrap, the next 4 extended afts and one inside across the hall from the wrap) but she was not able complete the transfer of our OBC credit from a previous promotion until yesterday.

But as of yesterday afternoon we are now fully transferred to the Breeze again and have received a confirmation that the Splendor booking has been cancelled. We each received the $50 OBC credit for the ship change and those that had the $25/pp OBC from a promotion in April kept that too!

One other note....when they moved us to the Splendor there was NO effort to keep our cabins together - even though they were all linked. Our cabins we ALL over the place - so that would not have worked even if we intended to stay with the Splendor.

Ultimately the change back to the Breeze is saving us $800.00 per cabin + the OBC - so although we will miss the Aruba/Curacao itinerary the savings is nice.

I wish they'd switch our 2nd cabin and I assume we will be on separate floors as the only aft extendeds are on 9th and they gave us an inside on the 6th...but if they get it done, I can call in and have them move us closer together (we are family of 5 with 3 teens). Do they automatically give us $50 OBC? I read another post where each person got a $50 OBC for the ship switch.