Valor dry dock confirmed!!!

mouche

I wish they'd switch our 2nd cabin and I assume we will be on separate floors as the only aft extendeds are on 9th and they gave us an inside on the 6th...but if they get it done, I can call in and have them move us closer together (we are family of 5 with 3 teens). Do they automatically give us $50 OBC? I read another post where each person got a $50 OBC for the ship switch.

Yes - the letter I received stated that there would be a $50/pp OBC for the "inconvenience".

Are you working with a PVP or TA?? If you have a PVP I'd give them a call and see if they can get your other cabin assigned and then make the changes you will need.

Yep...I'd say so!

Curious...how similar are your Splendor assignments to those that you has booked on the Breeze??

Not similar at all. I had 2 connecting deluxe ocean view rooms. They put me on Spa Balcony non connecting but next to each other.

Yes - the letter I received stated that there would be a $50/pp OBC for the "inconvenience".

Are you working with a PVP or TA?? If you have a PVP I'd give them a call and see if they can get your other cabin assigned and then make the changes you will need.

My letter makes no mention of $50 OBC. I wonder if that's because we are switching from Valor to Magic (to a better ship???)???? And I booked the Valor cruise online myself 2 months ago.

Edited by laumicmah

3rd call and was told it's still frozen until they're completely done with ALL the switches. How others are able to tweak I do not know but I am getting irked by the day. She told me to give it 'a couple' days and call back. :rolleyes:

Edited by laumicmah

3rd call and was told it's still frozen until they're completely done with ALL the switches. How others are able to tweak I do not know but I am getting irked by the day. She told me to give it 'a couple' days and call back. :rolleyes:

I haven't read of anyone being able to switch to Valor or Magic. Ive read people booking to the Breeze, and those are open to the public online as well. Which makes sense. Magic aren't online yet, although some of the Valor cruises are online and bookable online, however the PVP's can't book them, which is strange.

Johnny - I'm where you are. Though I was told there were no cabins available on the Magic cruises I was looking at (which is wrong). I don't think I want to stay on the Splendor - it is either Valor, Magic or refund. I need rates though to make a decision.

Yep I was originally thinking of the Valor because of the potential upgrades, similar itin, and it's actually cheaper. The Valor is showing online and book able, but the Reps can't book it. I'm now considering the Magic because of the ship.

I got in touch with my PVP as early Tuesday morning when I got the email - to see what options were available - because I knew the Splendor was going to be an issue.

Yes - they transferred all of our cabins to the Splendor - she said there was no way to stop that transfer. She would not be permitted to make any changes until the Splendor bookings were in place.

By Tuesday night she was able to secure the same cabins we had with the original Breeze booking (one aft wrap, the next 4 extended afts and one inside across the hall from the wrap) but she was not able complete the transfer of our OBC credit from a previous promotion until yesterday.

But as of yesterday afternoon we are now fully transferred to the Breeze again and have received a confirmation that the Splendor booking has been cancelled. We each received the $50 OBC credit for the ship change and those that had the $25/pp OBC from a promotion in April kept that too!

One other note....when they moved us to the Splendor there was NO effort to keep our cabins together - even though they were all linked. Our cabins we ALL over the place - so that would not have worked even if we intended to stay with the Splendor.

Ultimately the change back to the Breeze is saving us $800.00 per cabin + the OBC - so although we will miss the Aruba/Curacao itinerary the savings is nice.

The advantage of working with a good pvp.

I need to look at what the Valor will have after drydock vs the Magic. And it's a crapshoot. My son (13) needs a comedy club, Circle C, places to hang with the kids from Circle C, lots of ice cream, warm chocolate melting cake and ports that don't require too much work. Daughter (16) would need the above along with water slides, ropes course etc that would be on Magic.

I was wondering too:confused:

I called about that. Got someone in sales. VERY NICE.

HE said.....start checking in about two weeks. right now they are transferring bookings from Magic in TX to Magic in FL. assigning cabins. Hearing problems. getting that straight.

SO keep watching the big TA on the web which we do not name on this board. WHEN they list those sailing.........You can call Carnival and book them.

I called about that. Got someone in sales. VERY NICE.

HE said.....start checking in about two weeks. right now they are transferring bookings from Magic in TX to Magic in FL. assigning cabins. Hearing problems. getting that straight.

SO keep watching the big TA on the web which we do not name on this board. WHEN they list those sailing.........You can call Carnival and book them.

2 Weeks is incorrect information you received. The Valor and Magic sailings are all open for booking as of this morning. You can even see them online.

Edited by johnnyf0614

We're really torn, but i think we're gonna switch to the Valor and the Southern Itin like we would have had on the Breeze. It will be much cheaper as well. We looked at the Magic and Eastern Itin, but I think we're gonna stick with the Southern Itin

We're really torn, but i think we're gonna switch to the Valor and the Southern Itin like we would have had on the Breeze. It will be much cheaper as well. We looked at the Magic and Eastern Itin, but I think we're gonna stick with the Southern Itin

It is an AWESOME itinerary. We've done it 3 times - on the Destiny, Miracle and the Breeze. Would have loved to do it again, but I guess it's not meant to be now.

*sigh*.....maybe someday! ;)