Where Does the Dawn Dock In Roatan?

RumpunchGirl

Those under the Carnival Corporation umbrella -- Carnival, HAL, Princess, Costa, etc. dock at Mahogany Bay.

Others dock Coxen Hole! When taking island excursions with independents, Coxen Hole is actually more convenient. ;)

LuLu

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. This is very helpful. I didn't realize that Mahogany Bay was for Carnival only. :)

Been to Roatan 16 times. "If there is Only One Carnival ship in port then Others do use their Dock. Have Dock there 3 times before with NCL.. Win, Tide, And size of ship Also will also Change Things up...

We docked in Mahogany Bay aboard Oceania Riviera, NOT part of Carnival Corp in any way. It was not particularly impressive, is what I call a "fake port" as it is built and designed to keep cruise passengers in the compound or on a ship excursion. I would much rather dock in Coxen Hole.

There are 5 ships in Port the day we are there, one is a Carnival ship. Will the other 4 all be able to dock at a pier? Will any have to Tender? Thanks for any info!:D

On one website I see 3 and on another I see 5. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that Carnival Glory and Caribbean Princess will dock at Mahogany Bay since those are both Carnival Corp ships. Dawn, Jade and Liberty will have to fight for space at Coxen Hole since there is only 1 dock and the other 2 must tender as happened to us in 2011.

Well, that's helpful info to have. We are scheduled to arrive in port at 9 am. Unless we come in very early, we'll probable have to tender. We haven't decided what we are doing in this port yet so this will help us to decided.