Opinions on....

stev5138

Thanks all. In fact, I think we will all attend the Past Guest Party. We all know that no one really checks the invitations right?

I wouldn't count on them getting into the Platinum/Diamond party.

The rules changed recently and not even gold cards can get in anymore.

But you can go ahead and try, some have had luck with that because we all know it's about you, you, you! (And trying to look important to your friends.)

Thanks for "opinions". We are going to do it!! Wont change names on cards. Just swicth cards and register each couples card to the same credit card even though "registered in separate cabins" PVP says all can board together as long as one Platinum registered per cabin. For us - It will be worth the extras such as laundry, tendering, and debarking at will. Thanks all. In fact, I think we will all attend the Past Guest Party. We all know that no one really checks the invitations right?

You sure are a pot stirrer, aren't you? I'm referring to the past guest party:mad:

Thanks for "opinions". We are going to do it!! Wont change names on cards. Just swicth cards and register each couples card to the same credit card even though "registered in separate cabins" PVP says all can board together as long as one Platinum registered per cabin. For us - It will be worth the extras such as laundry, tendering, and debarking at will. Thanks all. In fact, I think we will all attend the Past Guest Party. We all know that no one really checks the invitations right?

Switching cards won't work because passengers' pictures are assigned to their cards.

Please don't bring your non-Platinum and non-Diamond friends to the P&D party. It's not right. I hope, if you try, they are denied because they don't deserve to be there.

Edited by stargate fan

• 1 month later...

While I don't agree with what you're doing, the bottom line is if you book each one of you (both Platinum) separately in the cabin with the first timers, then yes, they will be allowed in the VIP Room, their cards will be there and they will be allowed to board with you.

Once on board, you go to Guest Services and change things... From that point on, they get/receive nothing... No gifts, no free laundry, AND no admission to the Diamond/Platinum party....

While I don't agree with what you're doing, the bottom line is if you book each one of you (both Platinum) separately in the cabin with the first timers, then yes, they will be allowed in the VIP Room, their cards will be there and they will be allowed to board with you.

Once on board, you go to Guest Services and change things... From that point on, they get/receive nothing... No gifts, no free laundry, AND no admission to the Diamond/Platinum party....

I can see where you might think there is something, what...dishonest? about booking separately to each receive some benefit for someone not entitled to it. I disagree.

It's no different than if my friend and I booked a cruise together. He's a newbie, but I'm Platinum so he gets the perk of FTTF, essentially free, by being in my cabin. OP is taking his friend and DW is taking her friend. Everyone is paying their own fare. If you look at it that way, why is it wrong?

Besides, the booking agents are fine with it. I was up front with them when I booked 2 cabins last year on Magic. I had a FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) and my wife had one. We booked in separate cabins in order to use both FCCs and we were both Platinum while our DD, BF and grandkids are all Red cards. No problem.

On Harmony for 2017, I booked 2 Boardwalk Balconies, me in one with my brother and my wife with his wife in the other. We are Diamond, my brother is not, but will be by then. He couldn't yet get the D balcony discount when we booked 4 months ago so I booked 2 cabins, myself and DB and wife with SIL, with full knowledge by the RCI agent doing the booking. No problem.

There is nothing wrong with booking 2 cabins to use you full entitled benefits. My wife and I are both D. We are both entitled to the full D benefits on RCCL, or Platinum perks on Carnival, for us and our cabin mates, whoever they are.

I have no problem with booking this way to get your friends priority boarding.

It's two people. Not going to make one bit of difference, really.

I do have a problem with stargate's booking that way to get two shareholder credits when they only jointly own 100 shares.

Now, THAT is cheating. And then come here and brag about it. :mad:

If they EACH owned 100 shares, that would be fine. But there's no way they should be allowed $100 OBC by gaming the system.

If you feel the need to brag about your status on a cruiseline and what you are doing, getting, or how you are bending the rules because of said status you are, bottom line, a jerk.

It's like going to the mall and running into your local high school cheerleaders. Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows they are cheerleaders from the second they walk through the doors...they just can't help themselves. And, the rest of us just walk by and shake our heads and feel a little sorry for them that there whole self-worth is wrapped up in a title or a position or a rank.

But, heh, we all like a little self-ego boosting. It's fun to be at the top tier even though it doesn't make you smarter or more likeable or more fun to be with.

To the OP, sure book anyway you want and play the system any way you want. Afterall its all about the "me" even though, in my experience, the higher you think you are the further the fall.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

I do not believe that they will even be given the priority boarding. Their S&S cards will not be in the P&D lounge because they will not be P or D cards. The question is answered in the Q&A on Carnival site in the VIFP Club description. It clearly states that D & P benefits do not apply to people in the same cabin if they are not P or D. A Port employee may decide to change that rule and let them through, but their cards will still not be in the P & D lounge.

When we sailed with our friends, their Blue S&S cards were printed right in the Captain's Lounge, as were our Platinum cards.

This was also the case when I sailed with my mom, who was Red at the time.

When we cruised with our grand daughter who was cruising for the first time, her blue card and booking was in the priority lounge. She could have boarded priority with us. She was booked in our cabin with us.

Her parents who are red had to wait to check in and board via the regular lines. We did not try to "beat " the system. We, as Diamond cruisers, waited for my DS and DIL and boarded with them.

BTW: guaranteed or priority dining times only mean when you book. You get priority or guaranteed for the type of seating you want. Once you are on the ship, if you are YTD, it does not carry any weight. You wait in line like everyone else for availability.

Edited by mississauga

Will you be explaining to your friends that these perks are just that perks? If they decide that they love cruising and then go on a second cruise without you how are they going to react when they don't get the perks?

I understand wanting to stay together as a group, but the rest just bothers me for some reason. But, hey, I won't go on a giant rant. Hope you have a great cruise with your friends.

I personally wouldn't because of the inconvenience but I would certainly inform them of the benefits of FTTF. We are to sailing with a first timer couple and we explained the options. We all decided that we would arrive at the port early and embark together. On a side note on our last cruise out of NYC they ushered my entire group to the platinum although only 2 of 8 were platinum but we were at the port very early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you. It's no wonder that Carnival has some of the policies they have because there are so many schemers that sail Carnival. To me, it's unbelievable that so many feel it's fine to cheat. Wow, that's it, wow.

Things will change.

Nobody thought it was a problem for people to attempt to smuggle booze on in water bottles. Now look what has happened. Not only can you no longer bring water bottles, but they have also stopped you bringing more drinks on from the ports.

We all lose because of cheaters.