Carnival Dream Honeymoon worthy?

goza6

Hey guys my and my fiance are getting married October 24, and at planning on going on a cruise the 25th. I've been looking at the Carnival Dream cruise for our honeymoon since it's about a two hour drive from where we're getting married, but I didn't know if it was worth it. Also any tips/tricks on booking for the cruise? If there's another cruise you guys could recommend that would be great. Just looking to have a good time with a balcony room on it. We're getting married in Mobile, AL so we could drive to galveston/ft lauderdale and they both would be about an 7 hour drive a piece. Any advice would be great! Thanks

Hey guys my and my fiance are getting married October 24, and at planning on going on a cruise the 25th. I've been looking at the Carnival Dream cruise for our honeymoon since it's about a two hour drive from where we're getting married, but I didn't know if it was worth it. Also any tips/tricks on booking for the cruise? If there's another cruise you guys could recommend that would be great. Just looking to have a good time with a balcony room on it. We're getting married in Mobile, AL so we could drive to galveston/ft lauderdale and they both would be about an 7 hour drive a piece. Any advice would be great! Thanks

The Dream is a great ship - fairly new in the fleet. It has most (but not all) of the new venues that are offered on the Breeze and Sunshine.

What's great about cruising - IMO - is once you are on board there isn't much to worry about costing you extra except your bar bill and excursions which are easy enough to plan for - if you want. I know with my niece once they decided on the cruise for their honeymoon (the Dream) they put the word out about the Carnival gift cards and they received several as gifts which pretty much took care of their on board expenses! ;)

No real tricks to booking. You can research and book directly through http://www.carnival.com or use a travel agent if you prefer.

Edited by happy cruzin

I think a cruise would be great for a honeymoon. Once you are on the ship, there is not much you need to worry about. Very relaxing. You can do as much or as little as you want. I would choose the Dream and try to add a few days in New Orleans.

We have been on the dream and its a great ship! I would recommend doing the Vista in Europe- that would be an amazing honeymoon!

I've never cruised the Dream specifically, but I did cruise for our honeymoon. We had a wonderful time and I think a cruise is a wonderful honeymoon. Plus the fact that you can drive to the cruise makes it all that much better. I would say go for it!!

we did it for our Honeymoon in 2010. It was amazing. :D We loved the serenity deck ( I think we spent most of our time there)

We also booked through a TA, but now we book our cruises through our VP or online.

We're actually spending 2 year anniversary on the Dream! I definitely agree with adding a few days in New Orleans onto your trip if possible. It's one of my favorite places to visit, a very romantic city!

We went on th Dream last July for our honeymoon and LOVED it! It is a great ship and we could be as busy or as lazy as we wanted to be......which was nice since we were pretty exhausted the first day or so after the chaos and activities involved with the wedding. Book the steakhouse one night for a nice dinner. It was romantic and delicious. The Serenity deck was wonderful. We spent a lot of time there.

We originally booked a balcony room, but the "upsell fairy" called us about 6 weeks before and sold us a suite for a great price. The suite was fabulous. Enjoy your honeymoon!

We went on th Dream last July for our honeymoon and LOVED it! It is a great ship and we could be as busy or as lazy as we wanted to be......which was nice since we were pretty exhausted the first day or so after the chaos and activities involved with the wedding. Book the steakhouse one night for a nice dinner. It was romantic and delicious. The Serenity deck was wonderful. We spent a lot of time there.

We originally booked a balcony room, but the "upsell fairy" called us about 6 weeks before and sold us a suite for a great price. The suite was fabulous. Enjoy your honeymoon!

I plan on getting a balcony, a suite seems a bit out of my budget, but you never know! Glad to hear about your honeymoon I'm extremely excited for it. Everyone talking about it just seems like the way to go.