Just Snagged A Scenic Ocean View For Our 9/11 Sunshine Cruise

jenne252

I am SO excited! I just happened to be doing my daily mock booking when I noticed that a Scenic Ocean View room has become available! It's room 9126 and it was a bit more... but on a cruise with 4 Sea Days and 8 nights, those windows were definitely worth it! Plus it's our Honeymoon so worth the splurge!

We moved out of a 4J that we were warned we could be bumped if a quad was needed, room 3116.

Anyone have any photos of the Sunshine's Scenic Ocean View??

Oh lucky you. While on the Sunshine transatlantic cruise I went on the cabin crawl and we were able to see them. You'll love it. I don't remember to many details but told myself, someday...... Doing a 4j on the Vista.

Oh!!! That makes me so happy! Honestly it was a bit more... $370 more than my 4J, and with the wedding coming up 8/1 it may not have been the best use of my money... but I was like well this is a hard to get cabin anytime anywhere, just do it!!

What is a Grand Scenic??

I figure with being ON the Lido Deck, the no balcony will be totally fine!!! I am super excited.

And our room is 9126, so it's the corner (larger) Scenic OV!!!!

Thats great.. We have our first one this Sept on the Valor. I have never booked a room so far in advanced. We wanted to check it out.

I was looking at these rooms on the Sunshine for next year but saw they were quads. I would hate to be booted out after waiting so long.

I've stayed in 9201 on the Valor, and have 9201 booked on the Glory.

Definately a "Honeymoon worthy" room.

Heres a couple of pics of the same room on the Conquest. Grand Scenic Oceanview, on Lido, next to the Captains Suite. So I think this should be very similiar.

IMG_4888_zpskakxh1ir.jpg

IMG_4847_zpsqcbqxa9a.jpg

IMG_4851_zps7cgzt4ts.jpg

IMG_4849_zpstpk3rnl8.jpg

Thats great.. We have our first one this Sept on the Valor. I have never booked a room so far in advanced. We wanted to check it out.

I was looking at these rooms on the Sunshine for next year but saw they were quads. I would hate to be booted out after waiting so long.

Omg, so I could be booted out of this one too???

Omg, so I could be booted out of this one too???

I'm sorry. I was talking about the grand scenic. As long as the regular scenic are for 2 you will be fine. I just saw the 2 grand scenic on the Sunshine were both quads

I'm sorry. I was talking about the grand scenic. As long as the regular scenic are for 2 you will be fine. I just saw the 2 grand scenic on the Sunshine were both quads

We are room 9126. It is the larger corner Scenic OV. Is this a quad??

Both of those corner cabins on the Sunshine are quads. Every other ship that has them it's one double, one quad.

Maybe they relaxed the occupancy restrictions if they allowed you to book it for only 2.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

When I booked 3116 they warned me I could be booted since it was a quad. They said nothing about it this time. Ugh that would be horrible, especially given the $370 extra expense that I wouldn't have paid for a balcony cabin, I wouldnt even have considered it, at all

When I booked 3116 they warned me I could be booted since it was a quad. They said nothing about it this time. Ugh that would be horrible, especially given the $370 extra expense that I wouldn't have paid for a balcony cabin, I wouldnt even have considered it, at all

I hope things work out but they could always move you. Having said that we have stayed in quads and have never been moved

I've stayed in 9201 on the Valor, and have 9201 booked on the Glory.

Definately a "Honeymoon worthy" room.

Heres a couple of pics of the same room on the Conquest. Grand Scenic Oceanview, on Lido, next to the Captains Suite. So I think this should be very similiar.

IMG_4888_zpskakxh1ir.jpg

IMG_4847_zpsqcbqxa9a.jpg

IMG_4851_zps7cgzt4ts.jpg

IMG_4849_zpstpk3rnl8.jpg

We will be in 9201 on the Conquest in September....it sleep 2...9200 sleeps 4 and I was told we could be bumped if we booked it for just 2........so we booked 9201...I can't wait !!

We will be in 9201 on the Conquest in September....it sleep 2...9200 sleeps 4 and I was told we could be bumped if we booked it for just 2........so we booked 9201...I can't wait !!

I wonder why it wasn't mentioned at all? I felt like the gal wasn't the most knowledgeable because she kept putting me on hold. Also she said I had to rebook to switch rooms (but we aren't past final payment date, although I did pay in full) so we lost $50 OBC we had

this is Cabin 9126 on the Sunshine. We really enjoyed this cabin. Although it is assigned for 4, it was just me and my DH. The difference in the Valor and Sunshine SGOV, is the small window. DH would lay his towel on the chaise and just stare out of that window. It was soo tranquil. I wish I could get that cabin for next cruise, but not possible. You will love it.

20150124_141903_zpsqoflkugl.jpg

What is a Grand Scenic??

I figure with being ON the Lido Deck, the no balcony will be totally fine!!! I am super excited.

And our room is 9126, so it's the corner (larger) Scenic OV!!!!

Grand Scenic Ocean View are the rooms that are pictured with the 2/3 huge windows. The Scenic Ocean View has 1 window, a little bigger than a balcony room at 220 sq feet. A balcony is 185.. but you have the area on the balcony not included in the 185... We stayed in the SOV on the Valor last month and absolutely loved it...