The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

I have e-mailed the Compass to 3 people. If you have requested and not received them, please let me know so that I can check my spam.

Also, I noticed I made an error posting day 2. Here is the page that is missing:

OAS%20Day%202.2_zpsssqrufen.jpeg

Is the Lobster dinner served on the 2nd formal night? Somewhere I read it was the first formal night, but it doesn't match up with the menus on the compasses. We were going to skip formal nights this time around, but I'm considering going to at least one.

Is the Lobster dinner served on the 2nd formal night? Somewhere I read it was the first formal night, but it doesn't match up with the menus on the compasses. We were going to skip formal nights this time around, but I'm considering going to at least one.

Yes, on this Western Caribbean cruise, it was served on the second formal night. :)

Just emailed to request compass. Thank you for a great review - loved the pics and all the info.

I just e-mailed everyone in my inbox. Let me know if you did not receive it :)

APDMOM, thanks for taking time to write the most informative review that I have read on these boards in a long time.

I am glad to help! Oasis definitely takes a bit more planning to enjoy to the max :)

Thanks for a great review, ADPMOM! I have been very busy taking notes on your tips. We aren't sailing for a while, so I am trying to learn as much as I can about the ship before we sail. We will be sailing in 10327, so a slightly different cabin location but still similar enough that your cabin pictures gave me a good feel for what I can expect our view to be. I think we are going to love it! :D

Thanks for a great review, ADPMOM! I have been very busy taking notes on your tips. We aren't sailing for a while, so I am trying to learn as much as I can about the ship before we sail. We will be sailing in 10327, so a slightly different cabin location but still similar enough that your cabin pictures gave me a good feel for what I can expect our view to be. I think we are going to love it! :D

You are welcome!

I agree. Any of those aft cabins ending in 25, 27, 29 have the best views and a great location. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Mojo

Saffron

Pimiento

Shi**itake

Jasmine

Basil

Pomodoro

Is this the menu rotation? I was trying to find it listed on the Compass but might not have looked in the right spot b/c didn't see it.

Great review, thanks.

Mojo

Saffron

Pimiento

Shi**itake

Jasmine

Basil

Pomodoro

Is this the menu rotation? I was trying to find it listed on the Compass but might not have looked in the right spot b/c didn't see it.

Great review, thanks.

The menu order is in post #8:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46902951&postcount=8

Mojo

Saffron

Pimiento

Shi**itake

Jasmine

Basil

Pomodoro

Great review, thanks.

You are welcome! This is the same order we had, yes. :)

Great pictures! I forgot that Wipe Out Cafe had pretzel dogs, thanks for the reminder. We're on the Eastern route and only plan on getting off the ship in St. Maarten, I'm hoping that we can get loungers near the pool everyday.

You are welcome! This is the same order we had, yes. :)

Thanks! I'd thought it was somewhere in here but missed post 8 and started skimming compasses and just missed it. Lots of great stuff, need to read over again closer to cruise.

Mojo

Saffron

Pimiento

Shi**itake

Jasmine

Basil

Pomodoro

Great review, thanks.

Does anyone have any recent copies of the menus? The only one I have found is dated 2012.

This is the only menu copy that I've seen:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/

Thanks for sharing, Bob. DH and I looked at these and they are definitely not the same. There are several items on these menus that were not on ours. Hope we can find more recent ones. In the future I will know to take pictures of all the menus :D I thought for sure those would be readily available, but I was wrong... (it would not be the first time).

Great pictures! I forgot that Wipe Out Cafe had pretzel dogs, thanks for the reminder. We're on the Eastern route and only plan on getting off the ship in St. Maarten, I'm hoping that we can get loungers near the pool everyday.

Enjoy! I think you will be okay on loungers... your best bet, from our experience, is the sports pool. On port days it should not be a problem at all.:)

Thanks! I'd thought it was somewhere in here but missed post 8 and started skimming compasses and just missed it. Lots of great stuff, need to read over again closer to cruise.

No worries :)It is easy to miss in this busy thread. Happy Cruising!

Nice tip re the dayy on the elevator... another thing i do is photograph the cruise compass so I remember the port of call as well.

That is a good idea too! Thanks for sharing.