Steam room/Sauna. Is it FREE or $$$ ?

UAL_FlyGal

Bump:)

Can anyone update the current situation in regard to steam room and sauna, and more specifically the Diamond Princess.

looking to book this ship but like another poster, this is a make or break for me.

Bump:)

Can anyone update the current situation in regard to steam room and sauna, and more specifically the Diamond Princess.

looking to book this ship but like another poster, this is a make or break for me.

Not swearing to this list in court but to the best of my knowledge:

Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess have the Thermal Suite inside the Lotus Spa. Free access to Full Suite passengers only; others must by a pass or purchase a spa treatment to use the sauna or steam.

Diamond Princess is unique (to this point) in also having the Japanese Bath added; fee does apply.

IIRC Grand and Golden Princess have tiny sauna and steam booths outdoors next to the forward Lap Pool. No way to keep out non-paying customers on those two ships (a design long since corrected...:()

Thus on the newest generation Royal, Regal and Majestic Princess you have The Enclave which requires a fee for all, even Full Suite guests and those buying other Spa services.

Not familiar with the Sun-class ships.

Edited by fishywood

Diamond Princess is unique (to this point) in also having the Japanese Bath added; fee does apply.

Ok, thanks so am i right in assuming that there is both a free steam room/Sauna, as well as the Japanese bath on the Diamond? will have to give that Izumi a go, fee or no fee sounds a must try experience.

And as to Sun class ships, the Sea Princess has a fabulous set up in the change room area with both steam and sauna, and from what i know so does the Sun Princess.

Ok, thanks so am i right in assuming that there is both a free steam room/Sauna, as well as the Japanese bath on the Diamond? will have to give that Izumi a go, fee or no fee sounds a must try experience.

Unless someone recently on Diamond comes on to say otherwise, I don't believe you are right. Diamond is one of the ships Princess lists as having the Thermal Suite, which is a perk for Full Suite guests but a charge for everyone else. The deck plans do not show any other sauna or steam room in a public area (such as on Grand and Golden).

I believe that the saunas and steam rooms that are accessed from the change rooms as well as the change rooms and showers on Grand class ships are available free of charge to everyone. It is just the Thermal Suite that is extra cost. That is the big issue on the Royal class ships because the complementary saunas and steam rooms were deleted and the only option is the extra cost Enclave. At one time there was reference to "steam showers" in the change rooms but that never happened.

Unless someone recently on Diamond comes on to say otherwise, I don't believe you are right. Diamond is one of the ships Princess lists as having the Thermal Suite, which is a perk for Full Suite guests but a charge for everyone else. The deck plans do not show any other sauna or steam room in a public area (such as on Grand and Golden).

Ok, when you said deck plans, i thought ........aha! and had a quick look, deck 15 has the Japanese baths at one end and the Gym/Lotus spa/Massage etc at the other end of the ship, complete with changing rooms and Sauna and Steam room:D

Will look forward to using the Japanese baths as well, from what i have read, its often discounted when not in Japan, so as my Cruise is around New Zealand, at $15 a session it will be a low cost experience, if nothing else, or could be an additional cruise cost if i enjoy it!!! 12 days so add another $180 to the budget.............