Steam room/Sauna. Is it FREE or $$$ ?

UAL_FlyGal

Hi All! :D

We'll be sailing on Regal 10/15 and would like to know if they have a public (FREE) area for the steam room & sauna? I've scoured the threads and all I see are references to The Enclave/Lotus ($$).

Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

There is no free steam room or sauna on Regal. The Enclave, where the steam rooms and sauna is located does have a charge. This area includes heated loungers and a hydro therapy pool. There are no day passes. It needs to be booked for the entire cruise.

Any charge to use the exercise equipment/gym (skipping the spa) aboard the Pacific Princess?

No charge to use any gym onboard a Princess ship. Some exercise classes may have a charge though...

Some of the ships have free saunas/steam rooms. Unfortunately not Royal or Regal. On the Royal in May is was $269 per person to use the enclave (basically, steam rooms and showers) for a 12 day cruise. Regal should be very similar.

Are the showers still free? Gym showers?

Some of the ships have free saunas/steam rooms. Unfortunately not Royal or Regal. On the Royal in May is was $269 per person to use the enclave (basically, steam rooms and showers) for a 12 day cruise. Regal should be very similar.

SHAME !!!! More nickel and diming.............I WAS looking forward to a Sauna on Royal....

SHAME !!!! More nickel and diming.............I WAS looking forward to a Sauna on Royal....

I wouldn't call $269 "nickel & diming".

only $2????????

Yup... and when you do the math, that's not "nickel & diming" either. But, I 'made it up'... so it doesn't matter.

Having to pay over $22/day to use the sauna & steam room on the Royal and Regal does matter. I won't be booking anything on those floating 'cracker boxes'.

I hope the never figure out how to charge for air.

"Does the Regal Princess charge a FEE for Room Service and Alfredo's Pizzeria? If so, what is the price?"

The 'official answer' from Princess as of 6/23/15:

"There is no charge for either. The only exception to this is pizza delivery via room service and a $3 service charge applies."

(I heard rumors they were charging for both. Great to dispel these rumors!) :)

Edited by UAL_FlyGal

Anyone have a list that shows which have ships have free saunas/steam rooms and which ones charge?

Here's a list of ships. If you have information about any of the Princess ships Put "Charge" for ships that charge or "Free" for ships that don't. This will help other cruiser know which ships charge and which ships are free.

Caribbean Princess –

Coral Princess –

Crown Princess -

Dawn Princess -

Diamond Princess -

Emerald Princess –

Golden Princess -

Grand Princess -

Island Princess -

Ocean Princess –

Pacific Princess –

Regal Princess -

Royal Princess -

Ruby Princess -

Sapphire Princess -

Sea Princess -

Star Princess -

Sun Princess -

Tom:cool:

The situation aboard Royal and Regal is a pain! After a work out, many folks like to unwind and relax in a sauna or steam room, and almost every gym and health club have such facilities. So do all the Princess ships except these two. I know of 3 couples that will not cruise these ships for that very reason. A friend works out twice a day, cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon and always hits the steam and sauna on completion. He is definite, if we cruise again, not on those ships. His poor wife is so deflated, but he will not budge. Too bad Princess was so short sighted on this issue

Friend of YYJ - It sounds like your friends are the perfect candidates for the Enclave. They would be using it twice a day...Cooling down by taking the walk over to the steam/sauna rooms.

Instead of booking a balcony on Regal, we just booked the Sanctuary, to pair with our inside cabin. Biggest balcony we've ever had! It was nearly private. I imagine the Enclave is similar.

The situation aboard Royal and Regal is a pain! After a work out, many folks like to unwind and relax in a sauna or steam room, and almost every gym and health club have such facilities. So do all the Princess ships except these two. I know of 3 couples that will not cruise these ships for that very reason. A friend works out twice a day, cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon and always hits the steam and sauna on completion. He is definite, if we cruise again, not on those ships. His poor wife is so deflated, but he will not budge. Too bad Princess was so short sighted on this issue[/quote

Is this True or False??

On the Royal & Regal Princess there is a steam room in the gym area that is closed so you have to go to the Lotus Spa Enclave and pay for it.

Tony

The situation aboard Royal and Regal is a pain! After a work out, many folks like to unwind and relax in a sauna or steam room, and almost every gym and health club have such facilities. So do all the Princess ships except these two. I know of 3 couples that will not cruise these ships for that very reason. A friend works out twice a day, cardio in the morning and weights in the afternoon and always hits the steam and sauna on completion. He is definite, if we cruise again, not on those ships. His poor wife is so deflated, but he will not budge. Too bad Princess was so short sighted on this issue[/quote

Is this True or False??

On the Royal & Regal Princess there is a steam room in the gym area that is closed so you have to go to the Lotus Spa Enclave and pay for it.

Tony

There was supposed to be a steam shower on the locker room but that apparently was not installed.

When do you book the Enclave Pass? Before sailing or when you board the ship and hope there is still room?

HLR

I don't believe you can book the Enclave in advance. On our Grand Med last September there were still 4 spots left at about 8:00 PM.