Any Tips on Getting Back a Lost Teddy Bear?

drchap

We were on Azura A514 around the Norwegian Fjords last week (departed Southampton 13th June for seven nights).

On the last night, we somehow managed to lose our 2 year old daughter's teddy bear - in all the rush to get packed up etc we didn't realise he was missing until we got back home. We think we either left him in our cabin, or possibly at the kid's club (the Reef).

She's had it since birth, it's her favourite toy, and we're all really upset about having lost him.

As soon as we realised we phoned P&O, who just directed us to their standard lost property procedure (an email to lost.prop@carnivalukgroup.com) and also suggested to try phoning the Mayflower cruise terminal lost property department, but I couldn't get through on either number I had for that (one was just a recorded message to say the voicemail inbox was full, the other than the number was not registered). I've emailed the address they gave me with all the details, but it all sounds a bit automated and impersonal and I don't really feel that confident it'll actually be acted upon.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for getting lost property back from P&O? If I could find some way to directly contact our cabin steward (his name was Rocy) or either of the managers of the kid's club (Luc and Chris) that would help to put our minds at rest. I don't mind so much if he takes a while to come back to us (the subsequent cruise is 14 nights I think), as long as we know he's been found.

Here's a picture with the head waiter of the Oriental restaurant after dinner on the last evening - this is the last time we know we had it:

IMG_3556.JPG

So sorry to hear of the lost bear. I really hope he/she is returned soon.

What about putting something on Facebook or Twitter?? I don't use these myself (complete technophobe!) but they seem to be a way to get to a lot of people.

The other way is as you've done putting it on here, in case anyone reading the boards is on the ship or due to go on it soon. Or they may know someone who is. You could always add something to the Roll Call if there is one for the next cruise.

I really hope you get your happy ending.

What a shame...

Found this on P&O FAQs which might be worth a try

If you have lost an item whilst on board:

Please email us with the following details:

In the subject field of your email:

The ship you travelled on

Your booking reference

The cruise number

In the body of your email:

Your name

The cabin number

Your email address

Your telephone number

A description of lost item

Your email should be sent to lost.prop@carnivalukgroup.com

good luck I hope you find him :)

Unfortunately it may have ended up in the rubbish. Our cabin guy told us that anything left behind gets thrown away. Maybe someone will have realised it was likely to be a precious toy and put it aside.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

I really hope not, that would be awful!

We spoke to Rocy, our cabin steward, quite a few times during the trip, he said hello to our little girl every time we came or left and must have seen her with her teddy bear as she carried it about a lot whilst on board.

I really, really hope they wouldn't just throw away something like that.

Hi, I 'lost' my purse on Ventura a couple of months back. I had a similar experience in that it is very difficult to find anyone who feels like the care or will own your problem and give you confidence as a customer that they are going to help you. I suppose as a passenger who has lost something we are very anxious but to them they have hundreds of lost items to deal with and need to follow a process. Having said all this despite feeling rather alone through the process I was eventually told by someone very nice in customer services that everything gets boxed (I think there are exceptions such as any billy grundies you leave behind) the box gets sent ashore and they catalogue the contents and try to match list items. They do also send e-mails to security on the ship if there are any dodgy circumstances surrounding loss of valuables (on that note please don't ever become complacent about who you can trust onboard). So my advice is be a little persistent, call customer services and ask them to speak to lost property, they sit by each other :) then if it doesn't turn up phone customer services and ask if they can contact the ship and ask the steward. I hope this helps and that the lost bear returns from his adventure.

Edited by Florry

I don't understand why, if it was found in your stateroom, the "normal" procedure isn't to have someone call the phone number on file for the passenger.

Also i lost my reading glasses once during a cruise, and it was never turned in to guest services. After that i noticed eyeglasses laying around a bar cash register. I inquired and sure enough, they'd been left behind. Several days passed and they were never turned in.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Alas no. On the lost and found page on P&O's site they say they basically call off the search after 21 days, that has already elapsed. I got in touch with them more directly via their Twitter account and they also said they've been unable to find him.

Pretty disappointing really, there's really just two places on the ship he likely would have been left behind (either our cabin or the kid's club), if we could have just got in touch directly with our cabin steward and the staff from kid's club we should have been able to find him, but alas that proved impossible despite considerable effort on my part.

We had a Teddy go missing although not on a cruise, it was an holiday complex. Our then young daughter left the bear on a bed in a room we had been given for freshening up for our flight, and left it there. We noticed quite quickly but the room had already been serviced and Teddy had walked. The chambermaid denied seeing our furry friend. This was devastating for our daughter at the time. I think our cuddly friends appeal to anybody with children.

drchap,

So sorry about the teddy.

Has your daughter recovered from her loss? He looked like a very well loved teddy.:( (I still remember when I lost my pink rabbit and that was over half a century ago!)

We too had teddys lost/left behind on P&O that werent handed in & were presumably dumped.

One of them I'm actually 99.9% certain our cabin steward took in a pile of bedding one day (not as in stole it, just that it was amongst the bedding and he gathered it up in error then didnt own up to his mistake).

Its quite sad that fellow passengers and crew find such items and either dump or take them themselves but que sera.