NCL Breakaway - Cagneys going a la carte?

icemansa1

We just returned from our first cruise and really enjoyed the trip. We had the chance to eat in 4 specialty dining restaurants, Cagneys being my favorite.

We struck up a conversation with our waitress who has worked for NCL for many, many years, and was told that NCL plans on removing the cover charge and charging everything a la carte (At Cagneys), which will add up to a lot more money than the $30 per person. She said we were lucky to still be able to eat there with a simple cover charge.

Has anyone heard that this is happening? Are they going to roll this out to all specialty dining restaurants? I like paying a flat rate and not thinking about other costs, etc. I hope they are not going to do this for all restaurants.

We just returned from our first cruise and really enjoyed the trip. We had the chance to eat in 4 specialty dining restaurants, Cagneys being my favorite.

We struck up a conversation with our waitress who has worked for NCL for many, many years, and was told that NCL plans on removing the cover charge and charging everything a la carte (At Cagneys), which will add up to a lot more money than the $30 per person. She said we were lucky to still be able to eat there with a simple cover charge.

Has anyone heard that this is happening? Are they going to roll this out to all specialty dining restaurants? I like paying a flat rate and not thinking about other costs, etc. I hope they are not going to do this for all restaurants.

Sure, because the NCL higher ups tell the waitresses about these plans and to talk to customers about it. :rolleyes: Never mind that the Specialty Dinner package still lists Cagney's as an option in addition that this rumor has been brought up so many times that a poster actually wrote a e-mail to NCL and got the response that there were no plans for Cagney's to go a la carte or not be included in any dining packages.

I swear there is a troll game concerning this subject on these boards. :eek:

I apologize if this rumor has been brought up many times over. I'm a first time cruiser and have not been able to go through even one tenth of the postings on this board. Lots of great info here. Thanks for putting my mind at ease Witchita. I will dismiss it as a mere rumor with no fact behind it.

I apologize if this rumor has been brought up many times over. I'm a first time cruiser and have not been able to go through even one tenth of the postings on this board. Lots of great info here. Thanks for putting my mind at ease Witchita. I will dismiss it as a mere rumor with no fact behind it.

I did mention in a previous thread on this subject that there might be "up charge" items available at Cagney's on the new menu ($10-15 charge for Kobe or Black Angus cuts and other high end items) but the standard menu items will still be included in the cover price.

I did mention in a previous thread on this subject that there might be "up charge" items available at Cagney's on the new menu ($10-15 charge for Kobe or Black Angus cuts and other high end items) but the standard menu items will still be included in the cover price.

Well they better learn how to cook them properly because if we've eaten steak there 20 times we've only ever enjoyed 2 and sent many back.

We only go to Cagneys for shrimp cocktail at least three each then Salmon Oscar.

And personally you get a better steak in LeBistro.

The up charge is routine on Celebrity and RC in many of their specialty restaurants. It is a fair way to have those who want premium items to pay more.