GAPearl's "MAGIC"al Birthday Cruise! Complete Magic picture review-6/14/15 sailing.

gapearl

Oh no you poor thing, I know exactly how you feel... I partied a bit too much on the 4th.

Loving your review more and more... and omg I cant believe your almost done, lol and here I still have 2 days to go LMAO.

Wonderful review like always! And actually thanks to your review I'm trying to get my family " all aboard " on the Magic in April after the repositioning to Port Canaveral. The Magic does have the 2.0 upgrades already right ? Besides guys and blue iguana ..right ?

I haven't chimed in much Kim. I prefer to just let people do their review and just read. But I have enjoyed it and thank you for taking the time. Makes me excited and anxious about our Magic cruise for next year.

Thanks again!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Kim, I have a quick question. If I book a tour to see Hell while in port at Grand Cayman island, is there plenty of time to also do a beach excursion? All I really want to do is take a quick tour of the island, and then go to the beach. One of the reason why I usually don't do excursions while cruising, they take up so much time, when I can be relaxing on the beach. Just wanted to know. :)

I'll have a glass of ice water, please. I'm never drinking again.

lol - Hi Kim - love the review, as always.

I feel your pain with the birthday celebration. :) For my 50th surprise party, at a wine bar yet, I can remember riding home in the car with my poor husband driving and having to grab the little basket in the dash that holds the garbage, in my pain forgetting that the sides of it had little holes. yeah. :eek: lol

All caught up on this review. Happy Belated birthday!!!! It looks like Cozumel was a blast. I want to check out that chocolate factory the next time I go. Hangovers are never fun but at least you enjoyed your special day!

I can't wait to read about your post cruise day in Houston!

Hey guys! The last few days have been filled with working over the holiday weekend, hanging out in Vegas, and a date. :D I'm now off for a few days so I can get back to working on this tonight to hopefully get this finished tomorrow. Now on to the comments.

Kim,

Awesome review as always. I got back from our summer family land based vacation last night saying that a cruise is soooooo much better only to find your review! YAY!!! I'm looking forward to ours coming up in October.

Did you use your selfie stick to get the pics of you swimming with stingrays? If so, where did you store it? tee-hee!

What camera did you use to take your underwater pics? I always struggle with getting good pics of us in the water because I don't want to keep up with a camera.

Welcome back! Where did you go for your trip? I'm starting to love land trips as much as cruises so that I can really immerse myself in the culture of a new place. My next vacation gets to be a combination of the two! :)

I used an underwater camera for my pictures with the stingrays. I used the selfie stick only with my cell phone. I'm not sure that they have selfie sticks for cameras except the Go Pro. I have an Olympus Tough camera. I bought it on my Splendor cruise when my good Canon died on day 2 after getting some water damage.

Totally agree there is nothing like a cruise.

I love cruises! But I'm also loving visiting Latin America a lot these days. I learned 2 years ago that all inclusives definitely aren't for me, but it's been awesome visiting some places that the cruises can't get to. :)

I leave in 41 days for the dream. I would love to steal your video idea for my review

If you have any Apple pruducts, it's the iMovie app. You can make previews and mini movies as well. Have fun with it and make sure you come back and post it!

Oh no you poor thing, I know exactly how you feel... I partied a bit too much on the 4th.

Loving your review more and more... and omg I cant believe your almost done, lol and here I still have 2 days to go LMAO.

Girl you never finished your review? lol :p

Wonderful review like always! And actually thanks to your review I'm trying to get my family " all aboard " on the Magic in April after the repositioning to Port Canaveral. The Magic does have the 2.0 upgrades already right ? Besides guys and blue iguana ..right ?

Thank you so much! Good luck planning the famly cruise. My mom is telling me all these other random people want to go on the next cruise. :eek: Oh gosh!

The Magic does not have the 2.0 upgrades yet. I think she'll be going ino dry dock right before the repositioning and I assume she'll be getting them then.

I absolutely LOVE your reviews....and you're a Walking Dead fan too????? AWESOME!!!!!:):):)

Thank you!

Yes I love TWD! That's way up there on my favorite show list with The Young & The Restless and Scandal now. lol However I'm way late to the party and just started watching in April. No joke, I watched all 5 seasons in 2 weeks! :eek: In an effort to hold me over until October (better yet August when Fear The Walking Dead premiers), I started watching the series all over again for a second time. It's filmed here in Atlanta and I want to do the tour where you get to visit their shooting locations and your guide was a zombie. I might even take a trip down to Senoia to see if I can catch a glimpse of them filming season 6 and maybe jump in there as an extra. :o

I haven't chimed in much Kim. I prefer to just let people do their review and just read. But I have enjoyed it and thank you for taking the time. Makes me excited and anxious about our Magic cruise for next year.

Thanks again!

Thank you very much! I'm sure you'll have a great time when you sail!

Kim, I have a quick question. If I book a tour to see Hell while in port at Grand Cayman island, is there plenty of time to also do a beach excursion? All I really want to do is take a quick tour of the island, and then go to the beach. One of the reason why I usually don't do excursions while cruising, they take up so much time, when I can be relaxing on the beach. Just wanted to know. :)

Oh yeah, you'll have plenty of beach time left. You only need 30 minutes for Hell, if that. The turtle farm was about an hour. I'd say you could do an island tour hitting the highlights in 2 hours. Maybe you can get a taxi to take you to Hell and wait for you, then take you straight to 7 Mile Beach.

lol - Hi Kim - love the review, as always.

I feel your pain with the birthday celebration. :) For my 50th surprise party, at a wine bar yet, I can remember riding home in the car with my poor husband driving and having to grab the little basket in the dash that holds the garbage, in my pain forgetting that the sides of it had little holes. yeah. :eek: lol

Oh no! We've all been there! LOL Would love to run into you again on another cruise one day. :) Is hubby still not reading CC?

ha ha.. you are something else GA pearl, lol.. The video is toooo cute, lol..

Thank you! LOL Now I just have to figure out how to top THAT in my next review. :confused:

All caught up on this review. Happy Belated birthday!!!! It looks like Cozumel was a blast. I want to check out that chocolate factory the next time I go. Hangovers are never fun but at least you enjoyed your special day!

I can't wait to read about your post cruise day in Houston!

Thank you! I need to leave the chocolate factory a review on Trip Advisor. It's always fun finding new little different things to do in the port. Everyone had a great time at Kao Kao. I plan to get my Houston pictures uploaded tonight and hopefully get them posted after my dentist appointment and the gym tomorrow. Time to start getting rid of the cruise weight gain. :o

Love your review. we are going on her in Sept. I was wondering, I may have missed it in your review but do they have the martini tasting? Thank for your help

Hi there! Yes they have the martini tasting. I didn't get around to doing it this cruise, but it's at the piano bar on deck 5. Have a great cruise in September!

P6202494_zpscaubicht.jpg

P6202504_zps4fh3u5jk.jpg

A date?????????????

Do TELL!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Maybe Jason wised up and actually did follow through???

No one here at cruise critic bought your "dog ate my home work" excuse, Jason!!! [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Edited by lido deck larry

Would love to run into you again on another cruise one day. Is hubby still not reading CC?

That would be awesome to cruise with you again. Still regretting not being about to hook up more on the Splendor... :(

Anyway, yes, DH still does not read CC. He's not on the computer much, and when he is, is usually the Giant Pumpkin board. Yes, that's right. He grows giant pumpkins. So when he's not working, he's in the garden. :rolleyes:

ry%3D400

Ok, I missed the part about a date. Do tell. :)

Oh how I loved reading your review. I really enjoyed seeing all the photos which made me feel like I was along for the ride. Have not cruised in years, but have booked a trip on the Magic out of PC on June 11th next year for my Daughters 16th Birthday! Can't wait for our trip and to read your next review! Enjoy life, have fun and stay safe!!