In Defense of the Budget Cruiser

mame42

Actually, it's "from whom."

The Neptune Suite Posse - you know, the full fare hoodlums who hang out on the Navigation Deck and harass anyone who's not in Deluxe Verandah Suite accommodations. Any time a regular Verandah, outside cabin, or inside cabin passengers dare to walk by, the NS Posse shouts, "Get back to steerage, you worthless undesirables!"

If the non Neptune Suite guests dare to fight back, the Posse members high tail it to their private Neptune Lounge Fortress of Snootiness, and arm themselves with fresh brewed espresso and tea sandwiches from the remote controlled, refrigerated Snack Pod. I'm not sure why this harassment is allowed to continue. :)

I'm glad you added the edit note with smiley face. You had me going!!!

I have booked our first HAL cruise next year to celebrate our 50th anniversary. After reading through this thread, I was having second thoughts and actually considered downgrading to an inside. You see, I splurged and booked a Neptune Suite. :D

I'd love to see your pictures of the hallways. I've never seen such a thing. It must be fascinating. :)

Well I missed my big moment POA1 on our last cruise.:o They were paging 4 passengers right before we left St.Maarten and as I was walking down the hallway I saw a security officer propping a cabin door open with his foot while 2 women from the front desk rifled through the safe pulling passports. I couldn't get a picture of the excitement in the hallway because I had a sailaway drink in each hand. I hope the institute of cheer can turn a blind eye to my lapse :) Mitigating circumstances............

Actually I double missed......4 women with full suitcase regalia left that cabin on the last day and I spoke to them about passportgate...I'm still left wondering how they all managed in that cabin. They still seemed to be friends. ????????

Edited by sammygoose
additional information

We have stayed in inside cabins close to 40% of the time. It had nothing to do with a budget, but what we felt like spending at the time. It never occurred to either of us this was something to be ashamed of. There is an article in the USAToday that speaks to this....49% accumulated credit card debt when traveling and 68% went over budget. I have a feeling that many who always have to stay in the best cabin may be the ones who can least afford it. Not always....I know there are plenty here who can afford the best, and I am happy for them. And, I never felt like they were bragging....what is the point of being able to stay in a Neptune if you can't share your excitement? If that ever happens to us, I know I would like to share it with my fellow ccers.

Thank you LindaM- well said.