WHen is your final payment due????

Jarronwood

Hi

This post is really directed to the Americans (or those who book via American agents). My TA, here in the UK told me that the Americans dont have to pay their final bill until a few days before they sail. Is this true? Here in the UK we have to pay it 12 weeks before we sail.

Jarrodwood, your travel agent is telling you lies, we have to pay our final bill 70 days in advance. We only get 2 extra weeks to hold onto our $$ than you.

Or, by my calculations 2 weeks LESS.......70 days is 10 weeks which is less than the OP's 12 week deadline. And yes, 70 days in advance is when final payment is due for my next scheduled cruise, too.

And now I'm curious as to why the deadlines differ!

Or, by my calculations 2 weeks LESS.......70 days is 10 weeks which is less than the OP's 12 week deadline. And yes, 70 days in advance is when final payment is due for my next scheduled cruise, too.

And now I'm curious as to why the deadlines differ!

Well, your calculations are the same as mine. As I said, we get 2 weeks more to hang onto our money, they have to pay their total 14 days before us!

Different policies, well, maybe it's because it's a different country, maybe it takes a couple of weeks longer to process the payments.

I have book direct with our cruise line for our next two cruises and I called this week about our October cruise and ask them when final payment is due. They said now and I ask would anyone tell me it is due or send an email or put the date on "my account" online with them if I had not called? They told me someone would call a FEW DAYS before the cruises if we had not paid. Has anyone done this? I am now only 6 weeks out and had no problem with paying the balance. So maybe we could wait longer if we have paid the deposit.

Actually, if you don't pay the balance due by the "final payment date", they can and will simply cancel your cruise. ALSO without telling you.

Caveat emptor.

So where do you find the "final payment date" on your reservation if you book with the cruise line?

Ah, "there's the rub", Kim. It's NOT posted on your reservation at "My Account" on the website. YOU have to know. Some people will say, "that's why you should book with a travel agent." In this case, you can call Royal's customer service line, and take your chances with whoever answers the phone, or you can call a specific person. I have "my" guy at RC. His name is George, and here's his number. He can be yours, too, if no one already "owns" your reservation. He is very nice and helpful. Tell him Carol sent you.

800-859-7225 x 32456

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

This link will answer all your payment and cancel questions

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/purchaseCruiseFaq.do

So obviously my TA is telling lies. It was just that I mentioned the waitlist for the aft cabin since my payment for 24 June sailing is due mid April and by then I will know whether we can afford the upgrade. Hopefullu we can and hopefully although the aft cabins are booked now maybe one or two will free up when final payment is due.

I dont know why the TA told me that the Americans dont have to pay until very near the sail date. And the TA is quite a well known company. Can I say which company on here????

Hi

This post is really directed to the Americans (or those who book via American agents). My TA, here in the UK told me that the Americans dont have to pay their final bill until a few days before they sail. Is this true? Here in the UK we have to pay it 12 weeks before we sail.

Final payment is 90 days for holidyas and usually 45 dyas (with a TA) before departure......at least ours have always been and this is number 10.

dawgman, if your TA is not requiring you to pay the balance until 45 days out, they must be advancing the money to RCCL on your behalf, because RCCL's payment schedules are very clearly stated EVERYWHERE in writing.

Your TA must love you, after 10 cruises! :)

Oh, and Kimq, this is a great benefit of having a countdown clock in your signature! You can see how many days until your cruise AND how many days you have to make your final payment!

Archived