Coastal Kitchen on Allure and Formal Night

For those of you who have chosen the Coastal Kitchen as a dining choice on formal night can you tell me if the dress code was formal/cocktail attire? Would you be able to get away with a business casual attire? We are contemplating leaving our formal wear at home for the first time this cruise and I just want to make sure that we have some dining options other than the Windjammer. We are booked in a CL suite but I am also wondering if reservations for the Coastal Kitchen are required ahead of time?

Thanks so much!

Business casual is just fine, its mixed. Enjoy the lobster on the second formal night. We wore Dockers and a nice shirt each night and the ladies a form of a sun dress. Yes, make a resi, but just for dinner

Edited by setsail

Does Coastal Kitchen have a different menu than the MDR? If so, does it change every night?

Different menu than the MDR, and I believe it changes once during the cruise.

This is from Anthem, so I don't know if it's the same on Allure:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46820719&postcount=31

Edited by clarea

Does Coastal Kitchen have a different menu than the MDR? If so, does it change every night?

We are on Allure right now, 2 different Menus, Harvest and Vineyard, changes to second menu on Night 5. Lunch time they serve a shortened version of dinner menu with some added salads and more casual dishes. Food is delicious, reservations I would say essential for dinner as has been very busy on this cruise. Suggest you e mail Suite Concierge a week before to make reservation like we did. Anthem menu was the same. Let me know if you have any questions.

I know it has been discussed but don't know if it had been determined that Coastal Kitchen was included as a room service option for suites on the Oasis and Allure.

I don't think so. Out of curiosity, we asked if we could get the breakfast yogurt and granola for room service and were told that what is served in Coastal Kitchen is only available in that area... I took that to mean no room service.