Please tell me the Fantasy will be Good!

dna529

Specifically, just as good as the Fascination was. We loved our two cruises on the Fascination and I expected our August cruise on the Fantasy to be similar. My niece was recently on the Fantasy and hated "the old ship" feel. She had only been on the Dream prior to that and she is 18. Can anybody reassure me that they are similar ships and that we will be satisfied? We are in our 40s and have 2 kids.

If you liked Fascination I cannot imagine you would not like Fantasy as well. They are nearly identical. Now if Dream is all you had to comate it to, then I could see some disappointment. But that can be mitigated by understanding the differences in advance.

We sailed Fantasy after having sailed Celebrity Silhouette. Those two are about as different as night and day, but we were not disappointed in Fantasy as we knew what to expect, and paid a small fraction of what we paid for Silhouette.

We have been on the Fantasy several times in about every cabin type from inside to grand suite and will be on it again September 19th we really like it . We have also sailed the Elation and Inspiration and feel the Fantasy was nicer then either of them even if it older. To us the staff makes the cruise and the Fantasy has a great crew.

• 2 weeks later...

6 trips thus far out of Charleston on The Fantasy.....love love love this ship...gonna sail one final time on her out of Charleston in October to Amber Cove. Will so miss her!! The Ecstasy has some big shoes to fill!!

Last year I sailed on the Breeze and Fantasy. I loved them both. In my opinion, the only place where Fantasy really showed her age was in my stateroom. There was nothing wrong with it, but it was definitely old. I liked the smaller size. It didn't take 3 days to figure out how to get to dinner and I liked bumping into and recognizing some of my fellow cruisers.

We also sailed Breeze and Fantasy last year. We sailed Fantasy last month and will sail her again in November. I guess that will be our last trip on Fantasy after seven or eight cruises including when she sailed out of Canaveral. Great ship and crew. Just keep in mind that she is not the Breeze or as big as the new ships. But she has her own charm and personality. Remember, it is not the size that counts. (I read that somewhere!)

The Fantasy will be good....as long as you sail with realistic expectations.

Although I have issues with the current entertainment on Carnival, we have had two very enjoyable cruises on Fantasy. Try to get the dining room in the center of the ship - much nicer that the aft one. I'm also a big fan of the neon, Art Deco vibe of the atrium.

Just got off the Fantasy June 27th, our 23 cruise with Carnival, and I really enjoyed her. Would sail on her anytime! Going out of Charleston, not so much, found the parking to be frustrating, time consuming, and enough hassle to keep me away from Charleston!!

Pat

Quickrate:

Did you have anytime dining? I'm collecting info on best time to go to the dining room with the least wait time. Also, some recommendations for the best wait staff to request! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Specifically, just as good as the Fascination was. We loved our two cruises on the Fascination and I expected our August cruise on the Fantasy to be similar. My niece was recently on the Fantasy and hated "the old ship" feel. She had only been on the Dream prior to that and she is 18. Can anybody reassure me that they are similar ships and that we will be satisfied? We are in our 40s and have 2 kids.

Sorry I can't lie, your niece is 1000% correct.