Daily Cruise News

tapdancemom

HAL used to deliver New York Times at Sea to cabins but they are now available around the ship to be picked up if one chooses.

They are usually found in Neptune Lounge, Lido, Explorations Café, Front Office....

I dont think I was clear in my question :confused:. What I was wondering about was the ship info concerning what was happening the next day (entertainment, dining and activity schedules etc.).

You will get a printed copy every evening when your bed is turned down.. If you want another copy you can pick one up at the Front Desk..

At check-in you will receive a copy of the ship schematic (sp?).. Then when you arrive in your stateroom, you will also find a printed copy of the same days activities, entertainment, dining schedules etc. in your cabin..

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by serendipity1499

Hubby and I are sailing on the Westerdam to Alaska next week and wonder if anyone knows of links to the daily news that we will be receiving in our cabins. Thanks.

Here are some Westerdam "On Location Guides" that my sister posted on her blog from May 2015:

https://twocruisingsisters.wordpress.com/2015/05/10/on-location-guides/

Does the ship sell USA Today papers? Where do I get them. sally aka 3 cats in a row.

USA Today has shut down helicopter deliveries to ships, so no longer can you get them hot off the presses. :)

They have a condensed version of the NYT and sometimes others. The New York Times website is also free via ship Internet (on your own device or a computer in the Explorations Cafe).

You are welcome for the "On Location Guides".

Please note that the "Sip, Savor, and Sail" activities listed were unique to our cruise, and you will not find those on your upcoming Westerdam cruises. Holland America is offering the "Sip, Savor, and Sail" program on the July 13, 2015 Statendam sailing, and the August 16 2015 (I believe) Amsterdam sailing. I hope HAL will continue to offer this culinary program in the future, as it greatly enhanced our cruise. However, there will still be free cooking demonstrations and classes (nominal fee charged for hands-on classes, check with front desk) available on your cruise.

Regarding the U.S.A. Today paper, I have only ever seen the expurgated version of the New York Times available on my cruises. There are also newspaper editions available for other nationalities onboard (ie Canadian papers, Australian, Dutch, etc.)