Sun Penthouse with Balcony All the Same?

marelind

I would like to know if the three categories of Penthouses (SG, SF, SE) on the Sun are all the same configuration with separate bedroom and living room as shown on the website floorplan? Is anything different between forward or aft Penthouses?

Also, is it a single sink or double sink in the bathroom? Thanks for the help.

My favorite penthouse on the Sun 9076 or one of the other corner SE aft facing penthouses. They have two patio doors onto huge (long) balcony - one from living room, one from bedroom. Here are a couple photos

stern view of ship

DSCN0390_zpsymkx5n2w.jpg

"side" stern view

7b8e58d6-286f-43c8-9d80-0fc8dddb2f2e_zps1ef1b796.jpg

part of 9076 balcony mom standing, Larry and I sitting. This was our very first Norwegian cruise back in 2006.

DSCN1152_zpswf6q7azq.jpg

another balcony view

DSCN1167_zpsc719b60b.jpg

youtube video I found ... about 3:24 minutes into the video there is an SE stateroom that may or may not be 9076 it is same set up

Bow view of Sun

DSC02018_zps832e3b01.jpg

DSC00636_zps196cf328.jpg

We've cruised aboard the Sun at least 5 times, and just fell in love with SE 9276, aft wrap around, and booked it again with an adjoining cabin for ourselves, our oldest son and four of our grand kids this past April. The balcony is great, there is hardly ever much wind, and often its great for catching some rays. The Great Outdoors and Sports Bar are just two decks up.:D

I would like to know if the three categories of Penthouses (SG, SF, SE) on the Sun are all the same configuration with separate bedroom and living room as shown on the website floorplan? Is anything different between forward or aft Penthouses?

Also, is it a single sink or double sink in the bathroom? Thanks for the help.

I was in a forward SG (deck 8) and aft SE (deck 8) on the same cruise. Started out aft, moved forward after three days of TOTAL RACKET - the noise, vibration, and banging was about to make me jump ship, but fortunately there was an empty suite forward. This was on a transatlantic and we had very rough seas at first coming down the English channel and across the Bay of Biscay. Might not be an issue on a "normal" cruise.

The aft SE definitely had a separate bedroom and living room and a VERY nice bathroom - can't remember if there were two sinks but there was a little makeup area. Huge balcony (sideways).

The forward SG did NOT have a separate bedroom, although you could curtain off the sleeping part. The bathroom was not quite as nice although it still had a Jacuzzi tub and (very small) shower. The balcony was also huge but by that I mean deep. LOVED LOOKING OUT TO SEE WHERE I WAS GOING INSTEAD OF WHERE I HAD BEEN. The wind was not an issue, even in rough seas. Very protected unless you get right out to the rail.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off Sun 6/29. We had penthouse 8002 which is a forward facing middle suite. It does not have a separate bedroom. It is one area with a bed, a sofa and 2 chairs, and a table with 2 chairs. The balcony was great with 2 loungers, 2 padded chairs with a little table between and a table with 2 chairs. The bathroom/dressing area was large.

We absolutely loved the bow for Alaska as its all about the scenery and we had the most incredible time watching from our balcony where we were going!

Thank you all for your responses. They were very helpful and just what I needed to know.

We, too, love the bow. We will be in a forward suite for 32 days from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles next year. I can't wait!

Boy fantastic shots of the bow of the sun. You didn't happen to take any of the inside of your cabin by chance did you? Looking forward to an Alaskan cruise next July. Thanks for the lovely pics. I really enjoyed them.

We've cruised aboard the Sun at least 5 times, and just fell in love with SE 9276, aft wrap around, ...

You describe this an "aft wrap around." From the deck plan, the suite does not wrap around to the side of the ship. Do you mean that, standing in the corner of the balcony, you can see out to the side?

You describe this an "aft wrap around." From the deck plan, the suite does not wrap around to the side of the ship. Do you mean that, standing in the corner of the balcony, you can see out to the side?

If you look at the photos in post #2 of this thread you will see photos of aft facing SE 9076. It is not a wrap balcony like those on the POA but you do have a wonderful view due to slope of stern.