Vacation Gaurantee.....

Jerseyboy3

The odds of anyone using the guarantee are about .001 %.

How many people know within 24 hours of starting their cruise that it's going to terrible?

Carnival knows this and it's just an advertising gimmick.

I am sure you might find somebody there that has used it but it sure won't be many people.

Bill

The odds of anyone using the guarantee are about .001 %.

How many people know within 24 hours of starting their cruise that it's going to terrible?

Bill

On a Princess cruise in November I'm sure 50% of the cruisers would have done it. There was a huge group of 20-30 somethings that were extremely rowdy. They were asked not to return to Carnival last year.

On a Princess cruise in November I'm sure 50% of the cruisers would have done it. There was a huge group of 20-30 somethings that were extremely rowdy. They were asked not to return to Carnival last year.

I'm confused. What does them being rowdy on Princess have to do with them sailing on Carnival?

Edited by bakersdozen12

never used it but it looks very clear to me.

Tell guest services you want off the ship within the first 24 hrs and they send you home at the next port on there dime.

CCL knows a very small percentage will use this.

***UNLESS... the folks plan this out ahead of time......:eek:

If your first port is not for 3/4 days, you basically get a free short cruise :eek:

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

I had an issue on the FREEDOM last year, and when I mentioned the guarantee to the gal at Guest Services she acted like she had never heard of it before. Luckily, they took care of the issue and all was well. It turned out to be a great cruise.

I thought it was supposed to be no questions asked ?

Bill

They do reserve the right to try to make it right whatever your concerns are.

But, yes, if the customer is adamant and they wish to invoke the guarantee, Carnival will let you off the ship at the first foreign port. Not the next port. The next foreign port. Otherwise they would be in violation of PVSA.

Folks should be aware that invoking the guarantee is not painless for the passenger by any means. You have to pack your stuff in a way that is airline acceptable (that would be impossible for us). Get off the ship. Handle all your bags. Get to the airport. Wait for a flight (maybe the next day). Fly to the airport in the city you sailed from. Get to the cruise terminal if you drove. Clear customs in two countries. You are required to have a passport. There will be numerous incidental expenses like tips to cabbies and porters. Meals in route. Carnival may eventually reimburse your documented expenses but you will likely have to front the money while travelling. There will be more inconvenience than you can probably imagine. To threaten to invoke is one thing. To actually invoke it is a whole different matter.

I'm confused. What does them being rowdy on Princess have to do with them sailing on Carnival?

Maybe they meant for them not to sail on any of the cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation which would include Princess. I'm just guessing. If they were that rowdy that was pretty bad. :D

I followed a thread where a guy couldn't get time off from work (it was approved, then cancelled) and he invoked the guarantee. As I understand it CCL did as they said they would. While I wouldn't invoke it as that fellow did it is good to know that they mean what they say.

I had an issue on the FREEDOM last year, and when I mentioned the guarantee to the gal at Guest Services she acted like she had never heard of it before. Luckily, they took care of the issue and all was well. It turned out to be a great cruise.

Hopefully her supervisor would have known what you were talking about (had they not been able to adress the issue).

I followed a thread where a guy couldn't get time off from work (it was approved, then cancelled) and he invoked the guarantee. As I understand it CCL did as they said they would. While I wouldn't invoke it as that fellow did it is good to know that they mean what they say.

I remember the thread where he planned to do it but guess I didnt follow it to the end.

thought his behavior was reprehensible.

Maybe they meant for them not to sail on any of the cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation which would include Princess. I'm just guessing. If they were that rowdy that was pretty bad. :D

Ohhhh...ok. Maybe. But wow. I can't imagine getting blacklisted by multiple cruise lines! [emoji15]

They do reserve the right to try to make it right whatever your concerns are.

But, yes, if the customer is adamant and they wish to invoke the guarantee, Carnival will let you off the ship at the first foreign port. Not the next port. The next foreign port. Otherwise they would be in violation of PVSA.

Hmmm, we are sailing from Vancouver to Hawaii in Sept... wonder how that would work out? Or would Hawaii be considered foreign since cruise began in Canada?

I can't imagine ever hating a cruise enough to actually do something like that - I have loved every cruise I have been on, even if not perfect, and always find something to love about it. Little things don't bug me, I am there to have fun and therefore always do. ;)

I was just curious. Heard about it but never heard any mention of it being used. I'm a go with the flow person for the most part so it would probably take a Murphy's Law string of issues for me to get that unhappy. Carnival has been good to me thusfar so I'll keep the good vibes going 😉

The guarantee applies to any "3–14 day Carnival vacation you take to The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Bermuda, Canada/New England or Alaska", so they appear to be excluding one-way itineraries (like Hawaii or the rare transatlantic) where you could game the system because the first port is many days into the cruise, if not the port where the cruise ends.

The FAQs also say that Carnival will be responsible for "Jones Act" fees (their words, not mine; it's actually the PVSA, not Jones Act) so it looks like they're not afraid to put you off at a US port (again, probably to prevent gaming the system, e.g. when the first port is Key West, Orlando, or Catalina Island and you could essentially stay on the ship longer for free if they made you wait until the first foreign port).

Has anyone ever had to utilize the Vacation Guarantee trump card with Carnival for any sort of dissatisfaction with a cruise? If so, did it work as seamlessly as the website states?

Thanks

There was a poster here in the past couple of months that had a cruise booked, past his cancelation date, and his boss informed him that he could not take off work ( forget the reason).

Tried to negotiate a rebook with Carnival, but failed. He went on the cruise, invoked his vacation guarantee, and left. He came back and posted his experience.

Meanwhile, there's a post right in these boards in the last 24 hours claiming they has an issue title CARNIVAL THE GREAT, and was successful in transferring his cruise to a later date.

It's a shame Carnival is not consistent.