Do you regret getting a pass to Vibe?

Seany527

From what I've read, anyone who gets a pass to Vibe is extremely happy. Some go on to say it "made their cruise." Is there anyone who had a great game plan to help secure themselves a pass, only to end up regretting their decision?

I could not imagine being on the Getaway without Vibe access, unless you have children. Even the "Haven" people got kicked out of the Vibe (they didn't buy passes) and were complaining there were too many Haven children that disrupted the Haven pool area. It really is an oasis in an otherwise very busy ship.

John

Vibe pass is a must if you don't like being two inches from your lounge mate that's drinking becoming loud and can barely make it back to his lounge.

We are sailing on breakaway in Jan and NOT getting the pass because we are going to loss 2-4 days with cold weather coming and going from New York, 1 day to being off ship and the rest of the ports well be on ship while most are off so we should be able to find a comfortable spot away from all the hustle and bustle of the pool area and the loud music.

We sailed the Epic in it's first year and I said then that I would not sail these big ship if I wasn't guaranteed a pass as we find the ships just too big for our needs. So we''ll see whats happens on the Breakaway in Jan.

My wife and I were on the 5/23 sailing of the Getaway and after reading these boards we made sure that we were on board early enough to secure Vibe passes. As it turns out we we loved the Vibe area but discovered that when the ship was in motion they couldn't open the umbrellas for fear of them blowing away. This meant it was unbearably hot in the direct sunlight and so the only time we used the passes was on the port days before/after any excursions. We loved the Getaway and are sailing on her again in December, but next time we will forego Vibe.

Whatever you decide it is a fantastic ship...enjoy

My wife and I were on the 5/23 sailing of the Getaway and after reading these boards we made sure that we were on board early enough to secure Vibe passes. As it turns out we we loved the Vibe area but discovered that when the ship was in motion they couldn't open the umbrellas for fear of them blowing away. This meant it was unbearably hot in the direct sunlight and so the only time we used the passes was on the port days before/after any excursions. We loved the Getaway and are sailing on her again in December, but next time we will forego Vibe.

Whatever you decide it is a fantastic ship...enjoy

This was very helpful, thanks! I am very fair-skinned and burn so, am not much for lying in the sun/tanning. On previous cruises, I would look for something in the shade. I was considering Vibe, though, to avoid trying to find a chair. Our Escape inaugural is fully booked. If there are no umbrellas, it would not work. Even if I somehow got there early enough to get a pass, I highly doubt one of the cabanas would be available.

I have been reading that the Spa passes can be pre-booked now so, may do that instead.

We did the Getaway and I got Vibe passes in May of last year and had no problem with umbrella's being up. In fact I kept asking to have them put down so I could get some sun. My travel buddy loved having a nice lounge chair and the umbrella, but didn't like the fact there was no pool.

I on the other hand didn't care about the pool. There's a hot tub and if you should get too hot there's a large shower.

I loved it and will hopefully do it again on my next cruise.

I just returned from Breakaway. I had my heart set on both the spa and the vibe passes. I decided when I got on board to just get the spa pass. Spice H2O was adult only and worked fine for me to get away from the kids. There was a nice waterfall to help keep you cooled off. I peeked over the vibe wall and it looked cool, but I got what I needed at Spice and the spa.

I am probably one of the few people who regretted it, and I actually got some money back. We cruised the Getaway in November and it was so windy, that it was unusable for four days. They had to stack and tie all the chairs, tables and umbrellas down. Too windy to be up there when the ship was moving, cery disappointing. The days the ship was not in motion it was great. We are cruising again this November, so I am not sure what to do. Is it always that windy in November or was it just a freak thing?

I have been reading that the Spa passes can be pre-booked now so, may do that instead.

What does the spa pass provide? Is this something relatively new or maybe I have overlooked it on past cruises? Thanks.

Edited by gwsster

What does the spa pass provide? Is this something relatively new or maybe I have overlooked it on past cruises? Thanks.

Just off the Breakaway and our room included the spa passes. It was wonderful.

There is a thermal pool (the water is very hot and takes getting used to) with a waterfall for shoulder massage and jets along the wall for back massage. There is a connecting whirlpool area off the thermal pool. And there is also a separate, rather large hot tub. There is a dry sauna, moist sauna and salt room. There are heated stone loungers that are wonderful - it's like getting a hot stone massage for your back! And there are plenty of regular cushioned loungers. The locker room is huge and has towels and robes, so you don't need to bring any from your room.

For comparison - If you like being in the water, we noted the main outdoor pools were always crowded and you could never find a deck chair after 8:00. It was nice the have a quiet place to go to relax and get into the water. We used the spa quite often and it was never crowded, though it was much fuller on the last day at sea.

You can get spa services, like massage, facials, etc, but those are extra and IMO, quite costly.

We were so spoiled with having spa access that I can't image taking another cruise without it! Just a tip - Spa access as of this cruise was $199 pp. I overheard someone say that if you wait until mid-cruise, you can get unlimited spa access for the remainder of the cruise for $49.00. I don't know if this is the same for all ships.

There is a thermal pool (the water is very hot and takes getting used to) with a waterfall for shoulder massage and jets along the wall for back massage. There is a connecting whirlpool area off the thermal pool. And there is also a separate, rather large hot tub. There is a dry sauna, moist sauna and salt room. There are heated stone loungers that are wonderful - it's like getting a hot stone massage for your back! And there are plenty of regular cushioned loungers. The locker room is huge and has towels and robes, so you don't need to bring any from your room.

For comparison - If you like being in the water, we noted the main outdoor pools were always crowded and you could never find a deck chair after 8:00. It was nice the have a quiet place to go to relax and get into the water. We used the spa quite often and it was never crowded, though it was much fuller on the last day at sea.

You can get spa services, like massage, facials, etc, but those are extra and IMO, quite costly.

We were so spoiled with having spa access that I can't image taking another cruise without it! Just a tip - Spa access as of this cruise was $199 pp. I overheard someone say that if you wait until mid-cruise, you can get unlimited spa access for the remainder of the cruise for $49.00. I don't know if this is the same for all ships.

Vibe passes are great if the weather is ideal. My husband loves the spa pass. I don't. It gets too hot in there for me and I have frequently had trouble finding a chair. Thermal chairs are just like outdoor deck chairs. Chair hogs galore.

Thank you for the complete and kind review I will definitely check into this for our upcoming cruise.

I didn't regret it, but also asked for a credit. We went in April. The first two days it was so windy, rainy and cold that it was closed. We went the third day and the hot tub was so hot you couldn't get in. By the fourth day, we both enjoyed it. I went to the desk and asked for a partial credit since it was basically closed for two days and the third day, rained for half, then too hot to use the hot tub. They gave us the price of one pass back. We also couldn't use it the last day. I went up and the wind was crazy. It's like a tunnel in there.

I would still try it again at a warmer time. It was worth it for half price.

Vibe passes are great if the weather is ideal. My husband loves the spa pass. I don't. It gets too hot in there for me and I have frequently had trouble finding a chair. Thermal chairs are just like outdoor deck chairs. Chair hogs galore.

This. My husband and your husband should get together, exact same situation. I'm missing out on why a hard ceramic chair, indoors is more exciting than being in Vibe and looking at and seeing the ocean. But that's the beauty of a cruise vacation, you can each do your own thing and lots of together time too.