Med. Tour packages. Question for Bonnie

welshfamily

Since I'm always an optimist it appears my guess was in the wrong direction.

It turns out that particular *package* of tours was cancelled due to lack of demand. The tours are still available on an individual basis.

Thank you Bonnie,

That explains why my TA has failed to book it for us. He has been trying for some time. Such a shame as he knew the Med. Tours package had been discounted for the other dates.

However I don't understand how all the individual tours can still be available if the package, buy four get the fifth free, has been cancelled due to lack of demand or does Azamara keep the 'package' people separate. ( sorry we are new to Azamara )

Maybe this is because this cruise was originally going around the Black Sea and was changed due to conflict. At least one port has no Azamara organised excursions.

Oh well Back to the drawing board.

Thank you Bonnie,

That explains why my TA has failed to book it for us. He has been trying for some time. Such a shame as he knew the Med. Tours package had been discounted for the other dates.

However I don't understand how all the individual tours can still be available if the package, buy four get the fifth free, has been cancelled due to lack of demand or does Azamara keep the 'package' people separate. ( sorry we are new to Azamara )

Maybe this is because this cruise was originally going around the Black Sea and was changed due to conflict. At least one port has no Azamara organised excursions.

Oh well Back to the drawing board.

For us to be able to offer a free tour in each package, there must be enough guests willing to purchase the whole package to minimally break-even (cover the net costs to us.) Most guests buy one or more tour in advance and then play it by ear once aboard. Decisions are made based on many factors, i.e. onboard activities, weather, guest wants to use OBC, etc.

Pre-set Tour Packages are not something we regularly offer for these reasons.