2015 Celebration of Light - English Bay, Vancouver

The 2015 Honda Celebration of Light competition begins promptly over English Bay at 10:00pm each night, rain or shine, on the following dates:

July 25 (China) and 29 (Brazil) 1 August (Canada). By chance I was there last year and just walked up about 30 minutes before the start. All the best for a fine evening if you're in town on any of these dates.

[YOUTUBE]CgeIzEewMhM[/YOUTUBE]

Absolutely wonderful celebration that does bring a lot of people to the downtown core. While I do not want to be negative about it, I will be realistic - we will never go DT again on any of these nights as it can take two hours just to get out of the area if you drove in. If you are in a hotel within walking distance, you are in for a real treat. :)

Always a great show and one of the highlights of the summer. I would expect the Ut will be along shortly selling tickets to the roof party at his condo which overlooks the fireworks....I think it's $40 pp includes hotdogs, popcorn and beer.:D Any moment now he will be along to give me my annual tongue lashing.

For you PD and your DW it will always be free - seriously I will only see the first night this year as I will be away on a hiking trip in the Rockies for the other nights - I will once again be a volunteer with the City of Vancouver Volunteer Corp - and will likely be at the Burrard Skytrain station helping with the surge of people after the fireworks ends.

In the meantime an early HAPPY CANADA DAY - it is also the 50th anniversary of the Canadian Flag - the Maple Leaf which has become a well known symbol around the world.

Cheers!

Dennis