NCL Dawn Boarding

Irishgrl73

Going on a Cruise out of Boston and was wondering how crazy it is to Board the Ship. I will be traveling with my Husband and my Son who is Autistic and has ADHD and Just want to prepare him for the crowds the best I can. We were given a boarding time to be at the terminal at 10:00/10:30 any suggestion on the best time to get there.

The earlier you get there the more people there are going to be. The passengers exiting from the previous cruise and the new passengers coming on will both be there, only going in different directions. There is always a lot of action around the area while the new passengers are arriving. Cars coming in to drop off luggage, porters taking the luggage, people getting on the elevator to get to the second floor and waiting in line for your turn to get checked in. I would say the better time would be later for you. Many of the passengers want to get on as soon as possible and arrive earlier than their printed times which adds to the confusion. You have to be on board 90 minutes before sailing so I would suggest arriving about 12:30 - 1:00 PM. Most of the early birds will be on then and the returning passengers will be well gone. Usually the lines are shorter and a lot less commotion at that time.

Going on a Cruise out of Boston and was wondering how crazy it is to Board the Ship. I will be traveling with my Husband and my Son who is Autistic and has ADHD and Just want to prepare him for the crowds the best I can. We were given a boarding time to be at the terminal at 10:00/10:30 any suggestion on the best time to get there.

It is my understanding that the new policy is to turn away people who arrive prior to their printed boarding time. NO idea if this is actually being implemented or not. If it is, it should expedite the process. If not, then who knows.

The terminal in Boston can get pretty crowded pretty fast and there isn't really enough seating in my experience, YMMV.

Hi Irishgrl73-

Doesn't NCL have a special services department? Thought I read about it on CC somewhere. They have accomodations for special needs passengers. I don't know if one of them is boarding, but you could try calling them and explaining the situation and see if they could do anything for you. Maybe have low boarding numbers waiting for your party.

When do you get your boarding times? When you print your edocs? We're in a suite, so it probably doesn't make a difference, but this time window is new this year.

I would say it is usually a 15-30 minute wait. They have lots of people doing the check-in process. It goes pretty fast. Usually, you can find some one in line and pass the time talking about your plans for the trip.

IrishGirl73 I would strongly encourage you to reach out to the Accessibility Desk. They are specifically equipped to assist you in ensuring that your child is able to enjoy every aspect of this cruise experience. Really - you need to reach out to them - they're there to help. ;)

Check it out here: http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

IrishGirl73 I would strongly encourage you to reach out to the Accessibility Desk. They are specifically equipped to assist you in ensuring that your child is able to enjoy every aspect of this cruise experience. Really - you need to reach out to them - they're there to help. ;)

Check it out here: http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

This is a really good idea. If you make the arrangement ahead of time, you will not have to wait in any lines. When you arrive at the pier, you will be ushered right through the check-in process and right onto the ship. Contact them today.

I just checked my e-docs for my cruise in August. There are no appointed board times anywhere to be seen. Just the standard "Boarding begins at noon".

I have heard others mention this but I haven't seen it myself. Does being a Latitudes member have anything to do with it?

I would definitely agree with contacting the special needs department.

We were just on the Dawn 2 weeks ago and boarding (waiting) was a mad house! No place to sit, no place to stand...barely a place to find a seat on the floor. Ugh

P6050042%20copy-M.jpg