Shore Excursions via Carnival Website

wingnt68

When do the shore excursions become available to browse/purchase on Carnivals site. I have a cruise book and granted it is a long way away but I went out to just see what the excursions were (since I have never been to these ports) and nothing comes up at all for excursions. Carnival website issue or too far out?

I don't have a clue about when shore excursions are published or available but if you want to see what is "usually" offered just check the Carnival website, cruise to, area, ports of call, more about this port and viola you have the excursions offered. They even show prices and times etc.

You haven't mentioned when you are sailing?

Excursions have just been put on the site for cruises that are about 10months out. IF your cruise is more than a year away I'd not expect to see the excursions for a while.

Since Carnival contracts with independent vendors, they do have to revise, update, renegotiate those contracts every so often. So, they don't put the excursions online to book if the contract may change.

At least, that's been my experience.

But since I almost never do ship excursions any more (and haven't since I discovered Cruise Critic before cruise #6 (just took cruise #24)), I don't bother to look unless I absolutely cannot find an independent vendor.

I highly recommend you do some reading on the various Ports of Call board and see what's out there that isn't through the ship. Those vendors often provide similar excursions at lower prices with many fewer people (so you don't waste half your excursion time being herded on and off buses and waiting for the inevitable stragglers). :D

You haven't mentioned when you are sailing?

Excursions have just been put on the site for cruises that are about 10months out. IF your cruise is more than a year away I'd not expect to see the excursions for a while.

If you looked at the OP's countdown clock, you'd see that the cruise is almost two years away (3/4/2017).

To wingnt68, you probably won't see any excursion information (from Carnival) until about 10 - 12 months prior. Relax for now and start checking somewhere between March and May of next year. Also, keep your fingers crossed that your ship and/or the itinerary doesn't get switched. Carnival sometimes does that.:(

For reference, excursions for my early 2016 cruise started showing up around April of this year. Not all at once either, but rather they trickled in a few at a time. I wouldn't worry about checking on them until you've got under a year to go.