Navigator Balcony Question

Good Morning All,

I will be sailing on the Navigator with a group of friends in April 2017 to the ABC islands. I have a JS (9614) and my friends are right next door in 9618. I've had JS cabin 9618 several times on both the Explorer and Adventure but not Navigator. Does anyone know if we can ask to have the balcony divider removed to share a larger balcony? Not sure if that can be done on the Voyager JS's. Thanks in advance for any information you all can share.

Happy Cruising! :D

Good Morning All,

I will be sailing on the Navigator with a group of friends in April 2017 to the ABC islands. I have a JS (9614) and my friends are right next door in 9618. I've had JS cabin 9618 several times on both the Explorer and Adventure but not Navigator. Does anyone know if we can ask to have the balcony divider removed to share a larger balcony? Not sure if that can be done on the Voyager JS's. Thanks in advance for any information you all can share.

Happy Cruising! :D

Yes, the balcony dividers on side-facing balconies can be opened on Navigator, pending approval from ship's management.

Yes, the balcony dividers on side-facing balconies can be opened on Navigator, pending approval from ship's management.

Thanks Bob! You are always so helpful and a wealth of information. Have a great day and always Happy Cruising! :D

I have been on trips where we couldnt have the divider opened and on trips where we have had as many as 4 in a row opened - both trips on the same ship. The last trip we did was on the Oasis and we were told no. before that was on the freedom and it was ok. I think it has to do with security levels. Ask your stateroom attendant and if they say you cant, ask at the desk & they may send maintenance to do it.

I have been on trips where we couldnt have the divider opened and on trips where we have had as many as 4 in a row opened - both trips on the same ship. The last trip we did was on the Oasis and we were told no. before that was on the freedom and it was ok. I think it has to do with security levels. Ask your stateroom attendant and if they say you cant, ask at the desk & they may send maintenance to do it.

Thanks so much for the information. I've been on ships too where it wasn't an issue to open up the balcony dividers at all. I was just wondering about this particular ship since I cannot remember if the dividers can be opened. We were just on QOS and friends in 3 separate cabins all had their balcony dividers open and they had a huge balcony all together. I will take your advice once we board and give our request at Guest Relations. Thanks all!

We were on the NOS in March and they did open the balcony dividers for us. I will say tho, Navigator isn't like the freedom class ships as to where the balcony divider slides open to about 1/2 of the depth. The NOS dividers swing open and they are not hinged at the middle part, they are hinged more towards the ship side so when they are opened the divider doesnt lay flat against the other piece of glass, it rests up against the balcony door so it blocks your way out of one of the cabins. But they do open :D

At least in our 2 cabins the divider swung open towards the where the balcony door open to the cabin, we said a hundred times why didn't have that cabin balcony door slide from the other side, that would have solved our issue. So it may have been just our cabins. Ill see if I have a picture to post

Hope that makes sense

20150329_170536.jpg

You can see in this pic where the glass is hinged and how wide the door part is that swings open. So when it's totally open it lays up against the balcony door. Again if the just switched that balcony door to slide the other way :(