Need advice on Dining options!

psk2347

I am trying to decide between Your Time dining and late dining. Is there any difference in the quality of service for Your Time dining? Do the servers dance there like the MDR? This will be my girlfriends first cruise so I want her to have the full experience. Thanks for the advice!

We always choose ATD whenever we cruise, and they also dance and perform on certain nights. Of course the time they choose is not always the same. But on our last cruise in June we actually saw them perform like 3 times on 7-day cruise. We prefer ATD because we never know what time we will be hungry, depending on excursions and activities. It's nice to have that flexibility to still go to the DR whatever time you like. You should try it one time to see if it fits your schedule.:)

I prefer late time dining rather than ATD. I like having the same servers each night and them knowing my preferences. I could do without the dancing portion of dinner. I think it borders on degrading for the servers. But that's just my opinion.

It just depends on what you prefer.

Your girlfriend will have a fantastic cruise with either dining option. Enjoy your trip!

I have done all three options and I think I like the 6:15 option the best.

When you do the early dining you get to see all the shows that start around

8:PM. When you do late dining you will miss most of the shows. When you

do ATD most of the time you will not see much dancing because most of

the dancers are on the other levels. Good luck.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

I like the anytime dining-we go to dinner around 7, the servers are finishing up delivering desserts, so we get to enjoy the dance and music at dinner between our appetizer and our main course.

The upside of keeping it for Late dining, is that you know where your table is, you go to the table, no waiting (especially on formal night), and your staff knows you by the end of your cruise-actually they know your likes by day one:D, but it does make for a more intimate experience.

She will have a great cruise regardless of your choice-sail happy!

We just did ATD for the first time, and didn't care for it. We would try to arrive right at 5:45 and there would always be a huge line already formed. If you get there later, you might get a pager and have to wait for a table. Once in, the entire dinner would take 2 hours plus, and sometimes we weren't even asked if we wanted drinks (other than water). The waiters all seemed like they were overloaded, and no one took time to get to know us. We saw the waiters sing every night we were in there, but they didn't include kids, which during assigned time dining, the waiters would always ask my kids to dance with them. I did appreciate the flexibility of ATD, but missed the personal service of the wait staff and efficiency of a routine that you get with assigned time.

The choices are very personal. Everybody has their own style, likes and dislikes. We always do the late 8:15pm dining, because we are late night people. You really get to know the people your dining with, because you are with them during the entire cruise. So the discussions become more personal, and less superficial. Your waiters get to know you, and bring you things without you having to ask for it, because they remember what you like. There is more of a relationship that is formed than doing ATD. But some like it, and some don't. I'm sure anything you pick, you will have a good time, afterall you are on a cruise!

We only do YTD these days because we prefer having a table for 2 unless we meet folks we like and plan to join for dinner. Eating with strangers is not part of our fun cruise plan.

We always get the same wait staff each night by just asking for the same table or area. They always get to know us and we get to know them too.

It is up to you how you handle it but that is what we enjoy!

We only do YTD these days because we prefer having a table for 2 unless we meet folks we like and plan to join for dinner. Eating with strangers is not part of our fun cruise plan.

We always get the same wait staff each night by just asking for the same table or area. They always get to know us and we get to know them too.

It is up to you how you handle it but that is what we enjoy!

Do they have tables for two in the main dining room?