Travel Irons

wolfsnare

Does anyone know if there is a convenient outlet to plug in a travel iron on the Golden?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;4;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Conquest 4/03 Victory 12/03 Golden Princess 4/04

Please, no travel irons in cabins. There is an iron available in the laundry room on most decks. Other passengers, me included, will sleep better knowing that an iron is not left on in the cabin next door.

Irons are not recommended in the cabins for safety reasons.

Save some space in your suitcase and use some of the public ones in the laundry rooms. Or I have found if you hang up a dress in the bathroom when running the shower - it seems to take most wrinkles away. I also bring Downy anti-wrinkle spray.

The irons on board heat up quickly and are available in the laundry rooms, used them on the Golden and the Grand, don't bother with packing one, not worth it and I agree with not using it in the room, to dangerous

Thanks for the feedback!! I'll save my $20 [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I didn't realize they had them on board!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;4;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Conquest 4/03 Victory 12/03 Golden Princess 4/04

they do have them on board but there were lines waiting for them on the Grand. Unless you are going to do all your ironing right when you unpack, do not expect to have on ready and waiting when it comes time to get dressed. We always take our travel iron, we bought one with an auto shutoff and had no trouble using it in the cabin. Before the blasting starts, let me just say that I am on vacation and IRON nothing...it is all DH who had an old lady mumble something about his wrinked linen shorts once...now he irons everything...

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"
Grand Princess - March 2003
Carnival Pride - June 2002
Carnival Victory - June 2001

Handy Dan's Dandy Tip

Best tip I ever got regarding "wrinkling'...I go to the dry cleaners and get those plastic bags that they have...then I put each day's slacks, shirt, and/or jacket etc on a hanger, slip the bag over it, fold it, put it in the suitcase or garment bag, and I NEVER have a wrinkle problem!..When I get to the cabin I just take out each hanger and hang em in the closet...THIS ONLY works with the dry cleaning bags cause they are sooo slippery and thin..Don't use plastic garbage bags!..Believe me THIS WORKS!!

06/83 HAL Volendam
10/90 Premiere Majestic
06/92 Premiere Atlantic
11/92 Carnivale
05/93 Carnivale
05/94 Premiere Atlantic
10/94 Premiere Atlantic
10/95 Regent Rainbow
03/97 HAL Westerdam
04/98 Regal Empress
03/99 Costa Romantica
07/99 Carnival Tropicale
07/00 Carnival Sensation
12/00 Holland America Maasdam
11/01 Carnival Spirit
03/02 Golden Princess
11/02 Grand Princess
03/03 NCL Dawn
10/03 Golden Princess
06/04 Caribbean Princess

Great tip, to avoid ironing, when you unpack take all wrinkly items to laundry room. Put them in the dryer, add a damp facecloth and let tumble cry for 10 or 15 minutes. IMMEDIATLY remove and fold or hang! Now of course this doesn't wwork for formal wear( shirts etc ) but will work for most casual wear!

I did the same with dry cleaning bags and hangars - worked perfectly. I also took my tee shirts and laid them on a dry cleaning bag and folded them and I never had a wrinkle. I don't like Downey wrinkle release. It has too strong of a smell and I really don't think it works all that great. I think a spray bottle of water would work very well. I used the washer/dryers on the Diamond mid afternoon and had the laundry room to myself.

Archived