Pride of America

I always take my own hair dryer on the Disney Wonder and Magic because their dryers are awful. That's allowed. Are personal hair dryers not allowed on NCL, or just not needed? Hair dryers are not fire hazards like curling irons.

I have taken a flat iron on every NCL cruise and it has not been a problem except in a suite on the Jade, 2 X my iron set off the heat/fire detector in the bathroom. The fire chief of the ship had me use it in the living room area and that stopped the problem and he never told me I couldn't use it. I use the NCL hair dryers, they aren't the best, but they get the job done. A flat or curling iron to tame the hair after using the hair dryers is a must for me.

I have long, thick hair that takes forever to dry and the hairdryer on the Pride of America was fine for me, obviously not as good as my one at home but did the job. I used my flat iron at the desk area and didn't have any issues.

I have long, thick hair that takes forever to dry and the hairdryer on the Pride of America was fine for me, obviously not as good as my one at home but did the job. I used my flat iron at the desk area and didn't have any issues.

Good to know. I also have long, thick hair. I'll leave my dryer at home. That will help with the weight of my suitcase!

I viewed a YouTube video on this ship. The passenger said personal hair dryers and curling irons were not allowed.

Is there any truth to this??

I specifically emailed POA concierge and asked about curling/flat irons and this is what I was told:

You can most definitely bring a flat iron onboard they are allowed.