Allegrissimo Price Drop

Beamafar

one sales reply- it's house wine. so no name to tell you

another gave me a list

A little confusing since one sales says house wine, another sales actually gave out a small list.

Maybe someone knows the reality?

The wines offered on the basic Allegrissimo would be regarded as 'house' wines. The lists are pretty accurate, though, as the rep said, they will vary slightly from cruise to cruise depending on stock/availability. I listed the premium wines which I've seen onboard in the wine menu on another thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50680594&postcount=27

though they didn't have the Woodbridge onboard when I looked for it.

My favourite red on the premium package is Cicogna - I don't see that, (hopefully it'll be available on my upcoming cruise) or Woodbridge, listed in your post which proves the point about how the offerings vary. I think Woodbridge only appears on US sailings :confused: Certainly the Regale and Leonardo have been knocking around for a long time and have been readily available any time I sailed. They were the only 2 red offerings on the premium package when the all-inclusives were first introduced and before MSC expanded the list. They're both pretty good - DH likes the Leonardo as he only drinks chianti and, even then, very rarely.

• 4 weeks later...
Well .............. it turns out that the drinks package prices didn't fall after all (though I think they did in the UK - Allegrissimo was £22 and was reduced to £20 IINM, possibly due to currency XR with Euro :confused: I'd say that'll change soon enough due to the Sterling value sliding).

Not only that, I see that, next year, Premium Allegrissimo (which will be "All-Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package") is being increased from €44 pppd to €50, though the classic ("All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package") is remaining at €26. Still amazing value, especially when compared with other cruise lines. NCL are charging $79 pppd for their all-inclusive :eek:

It looks as though the costs for the classic Package are being raised. My TA just spoke to MSC with regards our Caribbean Cruise next July on the Divina and was quoted £34pppd or £476 each. I think we'll leave it for the moment and check nearer the time.

It looks as though the costs for the classic Package are being raised. My TA just spoke to MSC with regards our Caribbean Cruise next July on the Divina and was quoted £34pppd or £476 each. I think we'll leave it for the moment and check nearer the time.

Yes, but the classic package where Euro is the currency is remaining @ E26.

Also, the More for Less, even though it's the same as Allegrissimo, but priced in $$, is more expensive.

Edited by Beamafar

Also, the More for Less, even though it's the same as Allegrissimo, but priced in $$, is more expensive.

Yes, I agree it's a good deal if you're cruising in Europe as we found last year on the Preziosa. It seems a pretty rum deal when cruising in the Caribbean as the cost is approx 50% higher.

Don't forget, the carribean More for Less classic package (on-board currency USD) gives a wider variety of drinks (e.g. bottled and draught beer) than the Allegrissimo package for EUR-cruises (e.g. only draught beer).

Don't forget, the carribean More for Less classic package (on-board currency USD) gives a wider variety of drinks (e.g. bottled and draught beer) than the Allegrissimo package for EUR-cruises (e.g. only draught beer).

Then that explains the extra cost. I only had More-for-Less once and it was the premium so wasn't aware of the difference.