Having Second thoughts about Anthem

We booked the Anthem cause I think it's a beautiful ship with so much to do, but now having second thoughts about it, at over 1500 pp plus everything else. We could basically go on two 4-6 day cruises. I knew it was gonna be around that price. Am I just being crazy? Any comments about RC not sailing out of NO anymore?

When the Oasis first came out, we thought the prices were high so we waited. We've now sailed on her twice and have scheduled the Allure next. The prices seem reasonable to us for what you get, but I do believe they are lower than when the ship was brand new. We'll wait for the Anthem to get a little older before we sail on her or Quantum, but we look forward to both.

If you wait until after the sale, it will be cheaper. I booked the 8day sailing in an E1 balcony for $1200pp, the same as we paid for the Oasis when it was new. I am happy with that and will only recheck for reductions over time to maybe get OBC. If you just don't feel right with $1500pp, you can always cancel and rebook when the price feels better to you. I personally would not replace the Anthem with two shorter cruises, generally you get what you pay for

If you book a hotel in the Hilton family you can either choose a Hampton Inn on one side, or a Waldorf Astoria on the other end. Both are owned by the same company, but offers you a completely different experience. However, you still get a room and a bed.

So is the same with booking the different ships. Yes, one is more money, but you are paying for a different experience. Only you can decide what experience you want and what price you want. I know that I would pay more money for the different experience.

• 2 weeks later...

The 4-6 day cruises are generally on older ships...if that doesn't bother you then its an option. We have 3 cruises planned for the Anthem because we loved the Quantum so much. With all the cruises under our belt we don't mind paying a bit more to receive the type of quality you get on this ship.

We switched it to the Adventure going to ABC, Antguia, St Maarten 8 days and we paid less than 2000 for a promenade

NICE! Was on AOS for our honeymoon and loved that ship!

I'm not sure where ABC is, but i'm sure it'll be a fun cruise!

My family and I has just booked our cruise with Anthem - looks promising actually. It will be our first time to do this together. Ours was below 1500 pp if Im not mistaken but it was cheap. An independent company helped me make it possible.

I am sure this will be a fun cruise for us :cool:

My family and I has just booked our cruise with Anthem - looks promising actually. It will be our first time to do this together. Ours was below 1500 pp if Im not mistaken but it was cheap. An independent company helped me make it possible.

I am sure this will be a fun cruise for us :cool:

Hi summerslee9,

Can you tell me what made this possible? What is your itinerary?