For those Coming or Going in Vancouver and Seattle

MrJoeBlack

This includes Victoria BC and all Alaskan Voyages, Due to Several wildfires in the Area people with young children, elderly, or chronic breathing issues may want to keep a close eye on the Air Quality in these areas, no alert has been issued as of right now but due to the heavy smoke blanketing the area it could come at any time.ImageUploadedByForums1436112138.935891.jpg.e8a443cfba3f6d60149453dc536a42bd.jpg

Edited by MrJoeBlack

All the fires in the west are making air in Utah problematic' date=' too. When I went outide this morning, i was pleased it was cooler, but the air smelled of smoke.[/quote']

Try living under that smoky mess lol[emoji37][emoji100]

Much of the smoke is also in Chicago because of the jet stream. We haven't seen blue sky for days now and there is a smoky haze. The fires seem to be just huge!!!!

Are you sure the Chicago smoke wasn't from the the Grateful Dead shows at Soldier Field this past weekend...lol

I live 320 miles south and east of Seattle, early this morning the sky was full of smoke. It is a little better now. It is a tough summer for firefighters- long very hot dry days, fireworks doing damage and several of the fires being called arson.

It is starting to improve in downtown Vancouver - the wind is shifting direction so it should start to clear our overnight.

What we really need is RAIN !!!

Cheers!

Dennis

I'm so sorry how much people are suffering from these fires and hope all stay safe. Certainly am keeping those brave firefighters in my thoughts as they risk all to help the rest of us.

Hope it rains (heavily) very soon.

Are you sure the Chicago smoke wasn't from the the Grateful Dead shows at Soldier Field this past weekend...lol

LOL :D

We're upwind from that here, and we've still had smoke this week.

Maybe Colorado? ;)

Edited by quercus alba

LOL. Pretty sure it was the folks in Indiana who had problems with the prevailing winds wafting the Deadhead smoke their way. I live NW of the city and Soldier Field, so pretty sure that is the smoke from Canada, however it was a good cover for the Deadheads. :cool: